1997 Summit

photoj

Reaction score
Looked at a '97 Summit 500 with about 1760 k. Any thing to watch out for, I know it all depends on how it was previously driven, but it appears to run fine. Idle was high at start up, but came down shortly. I noticed the front of the motor did not have the two circular attachments just above the manifold, as I have seen on the 583's. Is this normal, or did the 500's not come with this attachment. What are they used for.
Thanks.

meierjn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looked at a '97 Summit 500 with about 1760 k. Any thing to watch out for, I know it all depends on how it was previously driven, but it appears to run fine. Idle was high at start up, but came down shortly. I noticed the front of the motor did not have the two circular attachments just above the manifold, as I have seen on the 583's. Is this normal, or did the 500's not come with this attachment. What are they used for.
Thanks.

The parts on the fromt of the motor are the RAVE valve assembly. I don't believe that they were on the 1997 Summit 500's. The RAVE valves were designed to limit exhaust flow at various engine RPMs. 1770 KM is pretty low for this year of sled. Does it look clean? You could ask to check the engine compression?

Safari Guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.wildkakwasafari.com
I have and rent out a 97 500 summit, great little sled,,,,,,,,,,, awsome for jumping and carving in meadows,,,,,,,,,, have taken it into the backcountry as well,,,,,,,,, has never let me down, but I have been rough on it a few times,, so has a few newer parts. I would not hessitate in getting another for my fleet. I always had the track kick abit on high throttle, but just latley tightened the track and no longer does that.

renegade x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks.

Ski-doo did not put rave valves on the 500 motor untill 98 :d

powerteker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had one good sled other than I broke the upper bar that hold front shock in skid 3 times and is a 400 dollar part not a good sled for jumping or super deep snow

Top Bottom