1997 skidoo 670 summits HP

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have dyno'd 5 97's over the years and they ranged from 116hp to 122hp

Reaction score
Hi T-Guy. I have a 1995 670 its dead now I want to give it to my 12 yr old when I put it back together. Anyway it had a ton of work done to it and on the dyno it pushed 136 hp

Thunderguy BOOSTED

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WOW
136 hp
My 1997 summit 740 skidoo union bay has just over 155 hp And iam runing it on 95 octain

Justin:rolleyes:

JOESKIDOO

Reaction score
Hey, looking to sell my 97' MXZ 670 Great shape, B&B stinger, 136" x 2" track, SLP Ultralite Ski's, Gutted Air Box, UFO's, 501 Rotary valve, Mtn Bar, Fuel & Temp Guages, Cover, Skid Plate, Geared just right..... 5000 Km Run's & works extremely well for a "short" track. Very reliable and strong engine. Finally wanting to upgrade to a XP 800 Renagade X maybe next year...
$$ open to realistic offers........:beer:

Thunderguy BOOSTED

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey, looking to sell my 97' MXZ 670 Great shape, B&B stinger, 136" x 2" track, SLP Ultralite Ski's, Gutted Air Box, UFO's, 501 Rotary valve, Mtn Bar, Fuel & Temp Guages, Cover, Skid Plate, Geared just right..... 5000 Km Run's & works extremely well for a "short" track. Very reliable and strong engine. Finally wanting to upgrade to a XP 800 Renagade X maybe next year...
$$ open to realistic offers........:beer:

Would u send pics to tasekojr@xplornet.com
We need a few more sled for our lodge!!

Justin:rolleyes:;)

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oops sorry about that

It runs on 95 Octane boost (fuel)

jUSTIN:rolleyes:

Are you sure? Most "Octane Boosters" only raise the octane values by a tenth of a point (0.1) so if you are using Canadian Tire/NOS/whatever Octance Boost that says it raises the octane 4 points, it may only raise the octane to 91.4, not 95.

Make sure you get the correct fuel for the motor, otherwise it will detonate. If it needs actual 95 octane to run, best to give VP fuels a call and get the right stuff.

Thunderguy BOOSTED

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you sure? Most "Octane Boosters" only raise the octane values by a tenth of a point (0.1) so if you are using Canadian Tire/NOS/whatever Octance Boost that says it raises the octane 4 points, it may only raise the octane to 91.4, not 95.

Make sure you get the correct fuel for the motor, otherwise it will detonate. If it needs actual 95 octane to run, best to give VP fuels a call and get the right stuff.

Thanks Modman
I will give the guy a call that i got the sled from and make sure he was running 95 octane.:(
But he did say run 95:confused::confused::confused:

Justin:rolleyes:

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a 98 670x was the best ride at the time my guess is about 124 hp with out a lot of work to it ,was a bitch to start if stalled out down hill dont forget to shut off your fuel was a pig the first year i had it and i felt like i was doing all of bombardia R&D took the whole season to sort out issues after that it was great my 01 x was a peach too cant wait for the weekend to try out my 09

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a 98 670x was the best ride at the time my guess is about 124 hp with out a lot of work to it ,was a bitch to start if stalled out down hill dont forget to shut off your fuel was a pig the first year i had it and i felt like i was doing all of bombardia R&D took the whole season to sort out issues after that it was great my 01 x was a peach too cant wait for the weekend to try out my 09

Bogging when facing downhill is usually a sign that the floats need to be adjusted. Or you could have sticky needle and seat. Just an FYI.

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My prior sled to the 98/670x was a 76 elan 300 twin that i aquired in 79 (hope this doesn't make old):d but the best cure for it was a can of either all the boost you ever needed LOL

Top Bottom