1997 polaris indy 600 problems

tyler_chris23

Reaction score
Ok so I traded my bike for this sled and he said there was water in the tank so I got all of the gas and everything out and put some premium in there, it would only start up rev really high and die but would only start with starting fluid( I thinks that because the carbs were all out of wack) so I cleaned the carbs and put them back together how there supposed to be, when I took them off I dumped the bowls and I think I got gas on the coils but it would have only been on 1 coil, and now I'm not getting any spark now so tomorrow I'm gonna dry off the coils off and try again or just buy new ones, but also 2 of the cylinders have 120 psi and ones has 90 but I know some stuff comes with the last cylinder with less psi straight out of the factory to take off the load or something like that will it run bad like that and if the coils don't fix it wait could it be, the timing bad crank seals, and if it is bad crank seal would all of the cylinders not have good psi bc it's a triple Xtra lite please lmk asap

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok so I traded my bike for this sled and he said there was water in the tank so I got all of the gas and everything out and put some premium in there, it would only start up rev really high and die but would only start with starting fluid( I thinks that because the carbs were all out of wack) so I cleaned the carbs and put them back together how there supposed to be, when I took them off I dumped the bowls and I think I got gas on the coils but it would have only been on 1 coil, and now I'm not getting any spark now so tomorrow I'm gonna dry off the coils off and try again or just buy new ones, but also 2 of the cylinders have 120 psi and ones has 90 but I know some stuff comes with the last cylinder with less psi straight out of the factory to take off the load or something like that will it run bad like that and if the coils don't fix it wait could it be, the timing bad crank seals, and if it is bad crank seal would all of the cylinders not have good psi bc it's a triple Xtra lite please lmk asap

I would pop the head and y pipe and have a look at the piston and see if there is scoring or a loose piston. Sounds to me like it needs some TLC.

tyler_chris23

Reaction score
I popped the head off and did a top end rebuild bit just gaskets, I didn't take off the jugg tho

Top Bottom