1997 700 build

Loudpipe

Reaction score
I built this sled last fall and rode it all last season. I sold it this year to upgrade to an IQ, but I figured I'd show you guys what I built for a grand total of 1100 dollars :D I did TONS of trading for parts, selling stuff off of the chassis that I had, and begging for free stuff to get this sled together. So here we go with the pics:

Here's what I started with, bone stock 1997 700rmk with 9000 miles on the odometer and a blown rod bearing
u7a9y6yh.jpg

I traded the bad engine, and another 97 chassis for a good running 99 engine with Slp porting and dropped it in with some cpi Chrome pipes I got from a buddy for 75 bucks.

u2a5upup.jpg

I got this donor chassis with bar risers, fox shocks, 159" track and a 159" skid with fox shocks for 125 bucks. The guy threw in some PLP trailing arms for an extra 50.....score!

edu4usas.jpg

taqu2usy.jpg

Added a wilwood master cylinder to gain some braking power

atu2u3uq.jpg

Building a tunnel extension to cover that big track

pytujuta.jpg

All done!
7ypemu6a.jpg

Loudpipe

Reaction score
That was the 5th and final 97-98 that I modded, all of them were literally torn down to the tunnel/bulkhead and built from the ground up. I've got a shitty back so I need newer stuff with a better suspension now haha

Top Bottom