1997 500 summit

newfiedoo

Reaction score
picked up a 97 summit 500 for my daughter engine has been rebuilt and the hac has been removed...it has a bogging issue starting at about half throttle but seems to clear its self out after three quarter throttle ive jetted down to 270 and 280 on the mains and 50 pilot still no change the old lines from the hac are plugged off. really got me stumped. any suggestions. thanks

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
picked up a 97 summit 500 for my daughter engine has been rebuilt and the hac has been removed...it has a bogging issue starting at about half throttle but seems to clear its self out after three quarter throttle ive jetted down to 270 and 280 on the mains and 50 pilot still no change the old lines from the hac are plugged off. really got me stumped. any suggestions. thanks

Your mains do not control the midrange circuit, your needles and tubes control that. Changing the mains will only adjust fuel from about 3/4 to full throttle, which is why changing them did not do anything to remove the bog. Run the sled at 1/2 to 2/3 throttle for a long burst and then look at the plugs. Could be a lean bog or a rich bog, but plugs will tell you which way you need to go. Did you take the HAC off yourself or was it run like this before? What elevation and temperature?

newfiedoo

Reaction score
hac was removed when i got it. had a bit of a topend bog but the mains seemed to clear that up a bit. she just rides it around hinton. thanks

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hac was removed when i got it. had a bit of a topend bog but the mains seemed to clear that up a bit. thanks

probably just rich then if it also had a top end bog. The HAC keeps things jetted for sea level so if the previous owner did not lean up the midrange then it will be too fat. Check plugs and then lean up the midrange if that is the problem.

Top Bottom