1996 Summit Rail extensions?

KORE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im looking for some rail extensions and track for my sled. Its a 136" right now and Id like to go to 144" or 151" setup. Im hoping someone might have a used set I could buy. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.
Friday

Last edited:

QMAO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got everything I needed at West Country Liesure (buck lake Bobs)
I went from the 136" to the 151"

Last edited:

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks, now do have any leads on a track and extensions, dont mind a used setup.

Keep your eye on ebay as well as the classifieds on here. If you need extentions contact Kurt at CCMachines in Lumby wwildchild@hotmail.com he can do up anything you can think of. I had a hard time finding extension to run full length hyfax but he was able to do them up. He does drop brackets also for tunnel clerance.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken, some guys would put 144" rail extensions on and then move the skid back a couple of inches to get the 151". This improves attack angle of the front of the track. Good time to put extrovert drivers on as well.
Talk to Bob at West country Leisure, if it's been done to a summit, the Mikus have done it twice.

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken, some guys would put 144" rail extensions on and then move the skid back a couple of inches to get the 151". This improves attack angle of the front of the track. Good time to put extrovert drivers on as well.
Talk to Bob at West country Leisure, if it's been done to a summit, the Mikus have done it twice.

If anyone wants to go this route, moving the skid back, I have a set of 5" extensions with full lenght hyfax for the s-2000 summit rails, they were to long for my 144" so I had no adjustment. They would be perfect with a suspension slide back. They would make up to about a 146-147" track and then slide suspension back only about 2" to make up the rest.

Attachments

• DSCF2094.jpg
    DSCF2094.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 162

KORE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Let me get this right these 5" extensions with the setback will get me what I need for a 151" track? If so how much?
Thanks for the reply

scott_y_d

Reaction score
TRACKS USA has about the best rail extensions for the best price the also extend the hyfax all the way back they have lots of different extensions

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nope they don't have full hyfax extensions for the s-chassis anymore. Been down that road.

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a rear skid 151 and 2" track from a 98 summit for sale 600 for everything. Going wider and longer and a 809 tripple. Can even help you install it.

Top Bottom