1982 Honda ATC 250r - Carb

imitchell

Reaction score
Anyone have any ideas as to where i can find a carb for a 1982 Honda ATC 250r... i called honda and they said that they do not carry them anymore... ebay has a few but the prices look a bit high, unless of course $200.00 is about normal.

I don't really care where the carbs from, i will pay for the shipping... someone said that another 250 carb might work, from a dirtbike or ATV...

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

gr8tdragon

Reaction score
imitchell,

I looked at Royal distributing here in Canada but no luck. Here is 2 types you can go with from Dennis Kirk in the states. Both are really good price for new. Other wise go to some wreckers near your place and see if you can score a 38 mm round or flat Mikuni carb. Easist carb to tune and start rich or say "bye bye" to engine.:(:( Remember snowmobiles run the same carbs just might not have choke, so watch to ensure you have choke. Personally I would go with new flat slide, especially if you have done other mods. My bro had one of those babys way back. Pipe(DG), air filter(K&N) and of course Mikuni flat slide. Way fast machine, what a blast.;):d:d

Mikuni TMX 38 mm Flat Valve Carb - DennisKirk.com

Mikuni Aluminum Spigot 38 mm Mount Type Carb - DennisKirk.com

slomo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
those carbs will not work as the carb on the trikes have the aluminum intake thats built on to them,i have one for an 82 200,pay the shipping and its yours but not sure if your looking for a new one

gr8tdragon

Reaction score
You are right SLOMO there is a built in flange on the khein carb. Age you know plays a few tricks on the mind.:( When we did the mods to my bros in the early 90's there was an adapter made by Mikuni so you could use a Mikuni carb. I don't know if you can get one now. IMITCHELL might have to fab your own if can't find one. The 200 carb is only a 34mm carb, will choke down the power on the 250R. Also is 4 stoke carb and might not work properly on the 2 stroke motor of the 250R.

Top Bottom