180 mpi powered viper worth it?

efroeh

Reaction score
Hey guys, i am new to the site but not new to sleds. i am in the market for a new moutain sled. I owned a 08 nytro with a 240 mcx turbo on it with a bunch of goodies. I recently sold it last yr in the summer and just running my 2000 srx 700 for trail ridding and ditch baggin. I would like to get back out to bc with a yamaha there great machines and you cant beat the realiablity. is the new viper a huge improvement over the nytro's? also is the factory installed mpi 180 kit worth the cash? is there upgrades that can be done? I will be mostly running the sled in the flat land with the odd trip to bc is this the best kit or should i go with a mcx or boost it? also premium gas is what i want to run on the praires and i want the most bang for the buck. Sorry for having a long post appreciate the advice in advance

Canadian Snow

Reaction score
Viper is a huge improvement in handling, I personally never liked the Nytro. I go with a better brand like Boost-it or Evo for the turbo kit.

jrusher

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put couple hundred kms on mine last weekend in mcbride, felt at home right away on it coming off a nytro and a pro, easier to maneuver than the nytro it hides the weight better as its balanced out better.. .. In certain tighter situations you can still feel the nose heavy weight as it wants to dive and sub under snow, typical for the thumpers for the most part was bottomless conditions need to tune skid abit as well and I might throw on my powder hound skis to help in these conditions I was running polaris grippers.. I myself wouldnt run a low boost kit like mpi you always want more, I was running 8 lbs on my boost it kit cant wait to crank it up more once i get more miles on motor.. You might have to run headshim I would talk to the Boost it boys and see what they offer for a low elevation kit

efroeh

Reaction score
thanks for the advice i have found a 14 viper that has been streched out to 162 with a boost it kit on it with some zbroz a arms and kiss coupler on it.

togo ripper

Reaction score
I've heard from our local yamaha dealer that they can't seem to get the mpi to run at low elevation so they were putting mcx on all of the vipers they turboed and they run very well everywhere

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would get the mcx low boost rather than mpi. I had a nytro with the 180 kit for a ditch banger. It was awesome. 9800 km when I sold it and the only issue I had was the altitude compensator would freeze and over boost. I put a turbo smart manual controller and set it 7.5 lbs and never touched it again. I usdd to hold it to the bar accross lac st Anne and lake isle one end to the other all the time. I beat the crap outa that sled and it loved it.

Thedoityouselfguy

Reaction score
Well you know the power of your old nytro......do you want less power? I run the 270 mcx on my nytro and do a ton of prairie riding as well as mountains. I run premium. And if I am running anything over 9 lbs of boost at low elevation my water meth kit kicks in variably up to 19 lbs which I think is a must have for low elevation boosted riding. Water meth kits are super cheap to put together too. That way you don't have to feel "edgy" about boosting around home. Just my .02. Cheers

efroeh

Reaction score
Well you know the power of your old nytro......do you want less power? I run the 270 mcx on my nytro and do a ton of prairie riding as well as mountains. I run premium. And if I am running anything over 9 lbs of boost at low elevation my water meth kit kicks in variably up to 19 lbs which I think is a must have for low elevation boosted riding. Water meth kits are super cheap to put together too. That way you don't have to feel "edgy" about boosting around home. Just my .02. Cheers
i never even thought of that. that is a great idea thanks. looking like im gonna run a boost it viper like what they offer and have a dealer close that has ran a few of them.

efroeh

Reaction score
so how would the water meth kit help in low elivation riding under boost? sorry not experenced in them

Thedoityouselfguy

Reaction score
Just build one.....my whole kit contains a Devils own pump, varicool controller from cooling mist, injector from cooling mist, pressure gauge from princess auto, a bug washer fluid tank, and some short lengths of stainless steel braided hose from Bosch hydraulics. Whole setup cost me around 400 bucks give or take. Water meth kits are very universal for the most part.....just be sure to buy a good controller like varicool to progressively control flow according to boost.

Top Bottom