$18 for an aluminum telescopic shovel on kijiji

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guys on here were trashing these last year when Costco was selling them, but I tested one against my $80 name brand shovel side by side and it stood up just as well. Still carry the expensive one in my pack, but there's one of these strapped to my tunnel for stucks.

Ushkie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i used to have one in my old truck when i worked out by redwater. it came in handy for many guys on shift with cars during the winter. i look at it as hey cant afford a $90 shovel then buy this one so you at least have something more then your hands.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep got a pair of them at Costco last year for 20 bucks too. Worked ok for my avy course and the few times I had to dig out my sled. I bought a better one this year.

Zacs

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.zacstracs.com
Never heard of 'Life Line' products but I have heard of a company called 'Life Link' making avalanche gear. Maybe test these shovels out in a bank of snow that the grader pushed up at the side of the road. Stomp the shovel blade down into the solid snow and rock on it and see how much it flexes.

Regarding price... the Voile D handle shovel is a solid shovel with long extension, scoop shape designed for chopping and moving dense blocks of avalanche debris. Our retail price is $45. Move up to a heat treated scoop (even more durable) with a T handle for $48. Not a lot to pay for shovels that have stood up to real world use for many years by professionals and recreationalists around the world.

That said... the savings on purchasing the cheaper shovel could buy a round of drinks! ;)
Hmmm....choices!!

Seriously though let me know how the sale shovels perform.

I am very interested. If we get a chance I might try to stop at a Costco and check them out.

Last edited:

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guys on here were trashing these last year when Costco was selling them, but I tested one against my $80 name brand shovel side by side and it stood up just as well. Still carry the expensive one in my pack, but there's one of these strapped to my tunnel for stucks.
Nothing wrong with them. I do the same as you and carry one on my tunnel bag for digging out stuck. That way I allways have one on my back. two in a box from Costco and the other goes nicely in the vehicle. Price was right .;)

MenzToys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.menztoys.com
Bought a pair last weekend for $19.59 at Costco, they are Lifeline?? a little weak though good for back of sled will keep my SOS in my pack wouldn't want to rely on for lifesaving thx wayne

nast70

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought the Costco ones last night. Lighter than the old army collapsable I have been carrying. We don't mountain sled so it's only when my wife decides to break trail.

Sorry hun....:p

Zacs

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.zacstracs.com
Last edited:

Pinebeatle

Reaction score
Never heard of 'Life Line' products but I have heard of a company called 'Life Link' making avalanche gear. Maybe test these shovels out in a bank of snow that the grader pushed up at the side of the road. Stomp the shovel blade down into the solid snow and rock on it and see how much it flexes.

Regarding price... the Voile D handle shovel is a solid shovel with long extension, scoop shape designed for chopping and moving dense blocks of avalanche debris. Our retail price is $45. Move up to a heat treated scoop (even more durable) with a T handle for $48. Not a lot to pay for shovels that have stood up to real world use for many years by professionals and recreationalists around the world.

That said... the savings on purchasing the cheaper shovel could buy a round of drinks! ;)
Hmmm....choices!!

Seriously though let me know how the sale shovels perform.

I am very interested. If we get a chance I might try to stop at a Costco and check them out.
The Voile D handle shovel sounds good and for 48 bucks thats great-- where do I get one. The shovels I see for sale around here are going for like 80-100 bucks;)

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have an Ortivox shovel on my pack for avalanche rescue, but bought the Lifeline shovels from Costco. Put one on my tunnel for digging out when I'm stuck and it's better than nothing as an extra shovel in a worst case scenario.

Done fishing. Let's go sledding !!

Zacs Avy Crew

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.zacstracs.com
The Voile D handle shovel sounds good and for 48 bucks thats great-- where do I get one. The shovels I see for sale around here are going for like 80-100 bucks;)

Take a look at our website ZacsTracs or call me at 403-804-3886 there would be a bit of shipping but we could get one to you for sure. These shovels really seem to stand up to heavy use, we have used them for a few years now in the field.

Pinebeatle

Reaction score
Take a look at our website ZacsTracs or call me at 403-804-3886 there would be a bit of shipping but we could get one to you for sure. These shovels really seem to stand up to heavy use, we have used them for a few years now in the field.
Will do! Thanks Is there anywhere I can get one without paying shipping charges, Like a retailer--Cheers

Top Bottom