163"-3" gearing and clutching

JDisco

Reaction score
Iam fairly new to the sledding g scene. I bought a 2014 XM 163 an i put a 3"/7 tooth drivers on it so iam wondering what people are running for gearing an who's clutch kit there using? I've been reading a lot about rooster built an DJ but undecided. Will clutching matter with my 3"? My weight is 175lbs

Thanks any info will be help

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Either one will help you . Give them a call and pick who you feel most comfortable with.

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have a setup for this combination. You should be running no less than stock gearing, with our clutching you would actually gear up above stock. You have lost 10-12% in your driver size now you need to make up for that. Remember the minute your clutches become unloaded they start hunting for a place to be this also means the engine is now unloaded and with a stroke when the engine unloads it quits making hp. Feel free to call me at the shop 780 986 6370

Deano

MAD MOTORSPORTS

TPOWER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have a setup for this combination. You should be running no less than stock gearing, with our clutching you would actually gear up above stock. You have lost 10-12% in your driver size now you need to make up for that. Remember the minute your clutches become unloaded they start hunting for a place to be this also means the engine is now unloaded and with a stroke when the engine unloads it quits making hp. Feel free to call me at the shop 780 986 6370

Deano

MAD MOTORSPORTS

Deano i have a cple questions for yeh regarding clutching and your rave mod, ill call u at the shop.

Top Bottom