162 three inch on polaris pro 163

turboassault

Reaction score
I just tried to put my suspension back in and it seems as though the stock rails are to long!?! Does any one know if the ice age rails would work better or what i can do to get this sled back together. We got the track and suspension in and bolted up but it is way to tight. You cant turn the track and the chain isnt even in the chaincase. Any help would be much appreciated.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Smaller rear wheels might give you some slack. I assume you moved the rear wheels as far forward as they go.... Woulda thought that there would be enough play in the adjusters.

j.c.higgins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not gonna work! Tried the same thing on my mod, 162 track on 163 rails and it was banjo tight. And those were Ice Age rails sent to me by Timbersled. After talking with Allen he mentioned going with smaller drivers and that may give me what i needed. So i went with 159 Ice Age rails and a Mountain Machines relocation axle kit. If going with Ice Age get them to make the proper length you need! Someone on here may be able to solve your problem but that was my experience. Higgins.

Last edited:

flying frenchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Look into cutting your rail at the front a bit and installing the fatory end cap back on. Then you would have to move your suspension mounting holes forward about 3/4" to 1". You could also get 155 rail and relocate the suspension hole 3.5 back. Moving your suspension holes forward would make your attack angle steeper but should fix your problem and moving it back3.5" would make your attack angle very flat, but you would have to relocate or build new rear drop brackets.
Don't take my opinion too seroiusly it's just a thought ask around. What does everyone else think about this. I know moving it back will work but involves lots of measuring to get it just right. Good luck .

turboassault

Reaction score
I have talked to a few people and it seems like i have to run it banjo tight and wait for the track to stretch. Not ideal but hopefully it stretches enough to give it some slack. If that doesnt work it will be getting custom made rails from ice age. Thanks guys.

j.c.higgins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Please be careful turbo!! I personally do not like that idea, especially with the stress it will put on your drivetrain. Plus i don't think you're going to get the slack you need to get any reasonable adjustment. I'd contact Ice Age asap and see what their delivery time is but i can't believe it's quick at this time of year but i could be wrong. Hope it works!! Higgins.

cs5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm just curious but why did you change the track? Just a better design?

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have talked to a few people and it seems like i have to run it banjo tight and wait for the track to stretch. Not ideal but hopefully it stretches enough to give it some slack. If that doesnt work it will be getting custom made rails from ice age. Thanks guys.

Be prepared for some broken parts. If you cant turn it by hand, then your putting a HUGE amount of stress on the bearings.

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A buddy of mine had this done @ Specialty Sleds in Edmonton last spring. They did the Avid chaincase extension and Trimmed the rails down. The sled works very well and you can easily turn the track by hand.

turboassault

Reaction score
I just ordered a set of ice age rails for it. I agree with you guys that it shouldnt be run like that and luckily ice age had a set that they custom made for carls cycle fo a 3 inch 162 on a pro. Got kind of lucky so i shipped them on a 1-3 day should be here soon. As for specialty trimming their rails it does work but i can not see it being close to as strong as the ice age rails.

Top Bottom