153 to 162 conversion 09 M8

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Taking my 2009 M8 from 153 to a 162 and putting on a camo extreme 2.5. I ordered rail extentions a tunnel extention, sliders and the track. Is there anything else I need?
Also what am I gonna need to do the gearing if anything and the clutching?

I'm maybe 160lbs in gear.

Thx
Tb

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess I should add that It's got a slp pipe, can, intake and a boondocker box. I'm running 74 gram weights and the stock helix.
Tb

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been to to change the helix and spring but which one? and a set of Cutler adjustable weights. Can anybody tell me what they are running and how it works?

mike5945

Reaction score
It looks loke you are taking stabs, looking for the best of all worlds. You are in the process of buying alot of parts so you better get a big box to store them. You need to call Steve. He will send you the weights along with a spring. If you don't like it and can't make it work then you can get your money back. Now show me a better win-win in the after market business. This is one of few products that really works.

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
cooler ext tubes, wiring loom for the tail light, rivets, and three brand new 3/16 drill bits. air riverter... ive been down this road before its not that bad.

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Toyboy, I would strongly advise against rail extensions on the cat rails - one tail landing and you will likely have bent / broken pieces, and require a chopper ride out of god knows where. Ice Age rails are less money then the Cat units, and considerably stonger then stock. That said, you can find used ones on kijiji - lots of guys going to 174"...

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It looks loke you are taking stabs, looking for the best of all worlds. You are in the process of buying alot of parts so you better get a big box to store them. You need to call Steve. He will send you the weights along with a spring. If you don't like it and can't make it work then you can get your money back. Now show me a better win-win in the after market business. This is one of few products that really works.

Not trying for the best of both worlds?? Trying to make it a dedicated mountain sled as I have my 700 rmk back up and running this year for local trips.
Tb

mike5945

Reaction score
Not trying for the best of both worlds?? Trying to make it a dedicated mountain sled as I have my 700 rmk back up and running this year for local trips.
Tb

If you want a mountain sled do the full K MOD conversion with raptor shocks. You will get the Ice age rails with the kit. Rails from 153-174. Put Raptor shocks on the front also and you will have the smoothest riding hill cilmbing boondocking machine around. With Kevin's new coupling system the suspension is easy to adjust. Raptor shocks make it so you can hit the trail bumps WOT and still have control. The MDS clutch weights make it backshift fast with awesome pulling from idle.
These conversions will put you here.
018.jpg

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you want a mountain sled do the full K MOD conversion with raptor shocks. You will get the Ice age rails with the kit. Rails from 153-174. Put Raptor shocks on the front also and you will have the smoothest riding hill cilmbing boondocking machine around. With Kevin's new coupling system the suspension is easy to adjust. Raptor shocks make it so you can hit the trail bumps WOT and still have control. Thweights make it backshift fast with awesome pulling from idle.
These conversions will put you here.
View attachment 135566[/QUOT
What is that worth cause I am close to my dollar limit already.lol but I wouldn't mind a better ride up and down the trail instead of getting beat to ch!t while my buds are already at the truck.

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just checked their site $3500 for that upgrade is a little rich for me.
Tb

mike5945

Reaction score
If you want a better ride contact Jake at Raptor Shocks. They are around $525 each. I rode Jake's sled and watched him take a beating on my stock 2011 m8. It sold me on his shocks. He is a good guy to talk to.
Raptor Performance Shocks

Top Bottom