153+ on a 7' deck

SC Carts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's one of our customers 163" dragon on our last years shorty, it certainly hangs out there. We personally ran 155" dragons on our shorty decks for 3yrs with no problems at all.

Thanks

Holomis Staff
Holomis International Home Page
info@holomis.com

Attachments

• DSCF1563.JPG
    DSCF1563.JPG
    132.2 KB · Views: 162

Treedragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's one of our customers 163" dragon on our last years shorty, it certainly hangs out there. We personally ran 155" dragons on our shorty decks for 3yrs with no problems at all.

Thanks

Holomis Staff
info@holomis.com
That's exactly what I run and have no issues, but is a good idea to have an extra strap or chain around the headache rack to the front bumper and if I go to BC I run the flag or marker light to be legit. As for loading I won't let someone who has never loaded on to a deck before load on to mine as there is no room for error there. I'm liken the look of the lotus decks how much is that bad boy on the truck?

SC Carts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's exactly what I run and have no issues, but is a good idea to have an extra strap or chain around the headache rack to the front bumper and if I go to BC I run the flag or marker light to be legit. As for loading I won't let someone who has never loaded on to a deck before load on to mine as there is no room for error there. I'm liken the look of the lotus decks how much is that bad boy on the truck?

Thanks for the interest, that's our last years deck, I have attached a photo of the new deck. They retail for the same price as last years at $3495.00.

We also addressed the "BC" issue with the sleds hanging off the back, by incorporating brake and turn signals into the rear of the deck which now makes it legal to have the long tracks hanging off the back of your truck.

Thanks

Attachments

• DSCF5708.JPG
    DSCF5708.JPG
    131.8 KB · Views: 152
  • DSCF5720.JPG
    DSCF5720.JPG
    134.4 KB · Views: 156
  • DSCF5832.JPG
    DSCF5832.JPG
    132 KB · Views: 152

martincc

Reaction score
I have a 7 ft deck and carry two 163" xp's with no issues. I actually put two 2x4 between the paddles to take the weight off the few paddles that are on the deck and strap it down with two ratchet straps on either side and one across the front and jam the skis into the rack. No issues at all so far, I like having the short deck so I can still use the truck downtown and fit in my garage. My 154 freeride fits on there fine. There isn't much track on the deck with the summit 163 but it works just fine. I think the freeride must be a little different suspension wise, seems to have more paddles on the deck. The marathon extension by far looks like the best solution to just flip away when not needed. However, my money is needed elsewhere! Oh and lock up the parking brake.. seems to keep the track from sagging down that you sometimes see on the short decks. Thats whats worked for me anyhow. I'd say buy it.

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
[We also addressed the "BC" issue with the sleds hanging off the back, by incorporating brake and turn signals into the rear of the deck which now makes it legal to have the long tracks hanging off the back of your truck.

Sorry to burst your bubble jeff, but I believe the reg's state that you cant be so far past the lights, blah blah blah, this is stated from "factory equipment" your deck or any deck is not factory equipment. And besides, brake and turn signals have to be stamped dot sae etc and be a certain size, button leds im sure dont qualify although I love the idea. Please correct me if im wrong as I dont have the reg's infront of me, I have a copy somewhere?

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You guys that are making your own rear extensions, plywood or 2x4's, have any pics of your setups? Something to support the sled is better than nothing right now.

SC Carts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
[We also addressed the "BC" issue with the sleds hanging off the back, by incorporating brake and turn signals into the rear of the deck which now makes it legal to have the long tracks hanging off the back of your truck.

Sorry to burst your bubble jeff, but I believe the reg's state that you cant be so far past the lights, blah blah blah, this is stated from "factory equipment" your deck or any deck is not factory equipment. And besides, brake and turn signals have to be stamped dot sae etc and be a certain size, button leds im sure dont qualify although I love the idea. Please correct me if im wrong as I dont have the reg's infront of me, I have a copy somewhere?

Because this seems to be such an area of confusion and there seems to be several miss informed people on the subject we decided to have one of our staff members check into the regulations once again,

BC motor vehicle act states that:

(2) A vehicle on a highway must not carry a load or have an integral part of the vehicle which projects more than 1.2 m to the rear of the load-deck or body of the vehicle unless,

(a) during the time specified in section 4.01, the extreme tip of the projection is lighted with a lamp that is capable of displaying only red light visible from a distance of 150 m to the rear of the vehicle, and

(b) at any time other than that specified in section 4.01, a red flag or cloth that complies with section 8.05 (c) of the Commercial Transport Regulations and which is visible to the driver of a vehicle to the rear is attached to the extreme tip of the projection.

[en. B.C. Reg. 476/98, s. 2.]

We wanted further clarification on this as it simply states the rear of the load-deck or body, so we contacted our local RCMP since they are the ones who will give you the ticket, they forwarded us to the local BC access center, who then forwarded us to our local DOT officials.

We explained to the DOT official that we are a deck manufacture and we are inquiring as to where they would take the measurement for sleds on a sled deck hanging off the back of the truck. The DOT official clarified that it is 1.2 meters from the rear tail lights of the vehicle, anything further then that would need another light at the furthest point of the object. We then asked if the furthest rear point on our sled decks are equipped with SAE approved brake and turn lights where would they take the measurement from. The DOT official said that the SAE approved brake and turn signals incorporated into the deck now become the point of measurement and you will then have another 1.2 meters from that point. Good thing we did our homework before building our decks and ensured that our LED lights were SAE approved.

Hopefully this has cleared this issue up.

Thanks

Holomis Staff
info@holomis.com

SC Carts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You guys that are making your own rear extensions, plywood or 2x4's, have any pics of your setups? Something to support the sled is better than nothing right now.

The simplest way to do it is to just take a 2 x 10 or 2 x 12 load your sled and then slide board up under your track as far forward as possible, essentially extending the deck and using the front portion of your sleds track as weight.

Just be sure to tie the board in good and secure, things have a funny way of coming loose.

Thanks

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Top Bottom