151 on a 98 summitx

Missoulaz28

Reaction score
I have a 1998 670 summit-x that I want to put a 151x2 track on. I know I need to get a set of 8 tooth drivers, rail extensions, and a tunnel extension. I am fairly new to sledding and would like some advice on what parts to get.

WPS has everything in there catalog i believe so that would make it a little bit easier getting the parts, I'm just not sure which set of drivers I need. TracksUSA also has the rail extensions, is one brand better than the other?

Any advice and/or recommendations (links to specific parts) would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ski-Doo tunnel extension from the zx highmark bolts on and looks factory. I'd use a 136-144 extension and slide the skid back for the remainder, makes for a better approach angle.

Missoulaz28

Reaction score
Everything I have read has said that 8 tooth drivers will work for a 2", anything longer and a drop and roll is needed.

Popsiclestand

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You will not reap the full benefits of going to to a longer track without doing the drop and roll. Without it, the snow is unable to clear at the front of the tunnel and reduces track speed etc. If your going to extend the sled, go the full mile and do it right. you'll be glad you did.

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Agreed, the drop and roll will be better.

However the OP is asking how to extend his sled so I doubt he has the skill (no offense) to do a D/R. The templates are nearly impossible to find since this chassis was discontinued what, over a decade ago?
An 8 tooth driven 151 will still kill a 136.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have a 99 with 8 tooth extros and a 151 2" no d/r works great lots of clearance as well.
like DRD said try to find templates for this chassis, i know Beach sled was doing his 2yrs ago and it was like tryin to find hens teeth. j/s
will be impossible i think now.

JBDoo

Reaction score
I have the templates, I used them to do about 8 or so drop&rolls on the f and s chassis sleds. Too bad you are so far away, I would lend them to you. I still plan on getting another S chassis someday so I don't want to sell them.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the templates, I used them to do about 8 or so drop&rolls on the f and s chassis sleds. Too bad you are so far away, I would lend them to you. I still plan on getting another S chassis someday so I don't want to sell them.
could always make him a set of templates from your templates. if he is interested.

Missoulaz28

Reaction score
thanks for the information everybody. At this point in time I would rather not do a D&R on it. I have no issue doing it, I just don't want to put the effort into this sled. I'm really just trying to make it work a little bit better for two more seasons, I will be able to upgrade into a lot newer sled at that time financially.

What brand of extro drivers and rail extensions does everyone prefer. I am new to sledding so I don't know which companies are preferred.

also does anybody know where to get the 2000 highmark tunnel extension and bumper? Ski-doo has discontinued them it looks like.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i just built mine out of some 1/8 smooth aluminum, couple bends and it is all good. can get any machine welding shop to do it easy peezy. was about 80 bucks i think.

BeachSled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you are interested I still have my templates I finally found and a chain case guard. If anyone is interested you are more then welcome to borrow it for a couple beers or just copy it and copy the chain case guard. :)

BeachSled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In fact I have a extra tunnel and bulkhead attached, it has been drilled and is stripped down ready to be put back together. I just prepped a extra chassis incase I smashed up my other one but I'm now on a mod Zx so it could be for sale for a decent price if anyone wanted it.

Missoulaz28

Reaction score
I have another question from the noob (me). Does the track I get have to have all the windows open and fully clipped to run the eight tooth extro drivers?

Top Bottom