15 xm cracked cylinder port

Dodge man

Reaction score
I recently blew up my 2015 800etec. The dealership just told me that I have a cracked port in one of the cylinders. Just wandering if anyone on here has had this experience and what may cause something like this since the dealer says they haven't come across something like this before.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did the engine seize or lock up ?
Can break or crack cylinder between exhaust port and rave ports if it tightened up .

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you always warm it up really well, I've seen guys just pull the rope and nut it , don't they know pfft. Do you ride just trees ? Do you always let it cool down before shut down after long pull ? I saw another 15 Doo with a motor down, do you think there's an inherent problem with the jugs on these 15's, a guy I know was told his brothers cousins brother in law that BRP used cheaper metal in the 15 jugs !! I read on the internet that the 15 and newer etec won't hold up cause the longer 16 inch wide track puts extra sustained load on. Plus , they are saying the constant leaning back and forth cause of the wiggle suspension throws the equilibrium of the engine out, can cause cracking of the cylinders near the ports, sounds like it may be true ! OMG, say it ain't so !!!!
But your spindles are good , right ?

:)

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lenny you need to get different drugs man, the stuff your on now is not working well for your thinking.. Somewhat sad

Do you always warm it up really well, I've seen guys just pull the rope and nut it , don't they know pfft. Do you ride just trees ? Do you always let it cool down before shut down after long pull ? I saw another 15 Doo with a motor down, do you think there's an inherent problem with the jugs on these 15's, a guy I know was told his brothers cousins brother in law that BRP used cheaper metal in the 15 jugs !! I read on the internet that the 15 and newer etec won't hold up cause the longer 16 inch wide track puts extra sustained load on. Plus , they are saying the constant leaning back and forth cause of the wiggle suspension throws the equilibrium of the engine out, can cause cracking of the cylinders near the ports, sounds like it may be true ! OMG, say it ain't so !!!!
But your spindles are good , right ?

:)

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cracked poets are not very common, had one happen once before and was the only one at the dealer ship that had a problem, could be a molding problem

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry you're sad Fred, big dump of snow will help maybe. :)

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
probably between exhaust port and trnsfer port. Thats the most common area for them to crack. Usually caused from over heating. Coolant temp as wel as egt temps.

Top Bottom