'14 Summit Sway Bars?

Walleyehunter

Reaction score
The '14 is my first XM so I'm not too sure how it's going to compare to my old XP sleds. The sway bar was one of the first things I'd get rid of on the XP. I was thinking about doing the same on my XM. How will it handle without the sway bar?

Last edited by a moderator:

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Re: '14 Summit Seay Bars?

I take mine out. I'm a small guy and don't have arms the size of legs so I like to be able to easily tip and carve. I haven't found it too tippy and some will say on the trails it isn't good to have it out but I'm not on the trail very much.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Daryl Baker says it is the hot set up with Raptor Shocks.

SummitX509

Reaction score

With the XM being so narrow it's very easy to tip. I left mine on and set my shock to lightest setting.

I live for winter. Snow, snow, snow!!!!
2014 Summit X154
2007 Phazer MTX 154
Braaap!!!!!!

superduty 348

Reaction score

leave the sway bar in , its way too tippy with it out.

summit1974

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

sway bar stays in for me…and there is definitely a point when tippy is a detriment

Boblikesfun

Reaction score

Quick disconnect.
The quick disconnect is the route I went with. I installed it yesterday on my 2014 Summit X. I left my 2013 Summit X stock and that will give my son and I a chance to compare both in similar conditions over the next while. The reviews on this forum were widely mixed so I thought we would compare ourselves. I will report back in a few weeks when we go out again. Install was 2 minutes. Install Ski-Doo Sway Bar Disconnect - YouTube

Last edited:

superduty 348

Reaction score

They are never too tippy unless one is riding the trails too fast....IMHO

All my other sleds in the past I have always removed them but the XM is so narrow already all you have to do is look there and it will go there lol. I agree on the trails going to the hills, you can ride on the side all the way up on its side with it diconnected.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

other disadvantage with sway bar disconnected is that it will lean further down the hill when off camber and be harder to right as its leaning on one shock

Blecter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I took mine out after day 1. Won't be putting it back in any time soon. True, for a while I over compensated because it was so easy to lay over. Now that I'm use to it it's a non-issue and I love it. Point and shoot!

I don't usually rail too hard on the trails though. My DS2's don't like to dig in too well, so if I do there are times when the sled is more than a handful to keep under control.

But who wants to ride trails anyways?

347strokin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I pulled mine out. In hindsight, I should have installed a quick disconnect so I had an option.

It's a handful on trail running, but takes no effort to throw around in the snow. It's amazing how little I'm fatigued at the end of the day. Not talking about the sway bar, just the sled in general.

Top Bottom