14 Polaris 1000 razor

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kinda snooping at a buddies Polaris right now , just wondering if this razor had any inherent or recurring problems or if there are any weak spots or need for higher than normal maintenance. Has about 800 kms on it stock bighorn tires and only half doors. Thanks in advance for any help or comments.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would think it will be fine.

They are well build , never see them broken on the trail.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went and took buddies 1000 for a ride, lots of power , nice ride on the bumps ,( I'm to old for big jumps) . We were on some bush trails, power line and some old sand hill roads and the acceleration and speed is fun in the open areas but the extra width is certainly evident and quite often it was a pain in the a$$ . In the muskeggy, loon$hit stuff we were playing in holy crap the amount of chunks that fly into the cockpit is unbelievable, hated that . I really like that the roll bar narrows as it goes up so when uneven in the tree trails the top doesn't hit, mine goes up way to square. Severe lack of storage, kind of a pain to get in and out of , needs a fold down windshield somyounhave the option during the day not just once when you buy it.
Overall , loved the power, seems like a very good quality machine and fun in a few circumstances. But gonna keep mine, I really like it also and think it's better suited to what I want! But it did make me aware of a couple things I wanta change so that's good. . If I was near big sand dunes or rock climbs and open road running I'd have probably bought it.

Last edited:

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went and took buddies 1000 for a ride, lots of power , nice ride on the bumps ,( I'm to old for big jumps) . We were on some bush trails, power line and some old sand hill roads and the acceleration and speed is fun in the open areas but the extra width is certainly evident and quite often it was a pain in the a$$ . In the muskeggy, loon$hit stuff we were playing in holy crap the amount of chunks that fly into the cockpit is unbelievable, hated that . I really like that the roll bar narrows as it goes up so when uneven in the tree trails the top doesn't hit, mine goes up way to square. Severe lack of storage, kind of a pain to get in and out of , needs a fold down windshield somyounhave the option during the day not just once when you buy it.
Overall , loved the power, seems like a very good quality machine and fun in a few circumstances. But gonna keep mine, I really like it also and think it's better suited to what I want! But it did make me aware of a couple things I wanta change so that's good. . If I was near big sand dunes or rock climbs and open road running I'd have probably bought it.

Found the same thing when I was on a quad rally in my rhino and had a maverick in the group. He was obviously faster and could hit bumps faster but for the tight trees there were way to many 3 point turns required for my liking. I can't agree more about the square cage though, I've got wedged between trees a few times because of that.

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have found that installing the rear window on my 1000 really cut down and pretty much stopped the mud from flying in the cab.

Top Bottom