12v electrical connection

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hope there is someone in the group that can help.

I just installed my sbc 350 in my hot rod and added a FI Tech fuel injection. Got all the wiring done for the fuel injection except for one wire that needs to be hot when the ignition switch is on and when cranking the engine. Where is the easiest location to draw that power from?

Here is a pic of the engine.

Tks for your help!

Dennis

IMG_5583.jpg

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not a mechanic....but I'm pretty sure one of the wires off the KEY will provide current while cranking only.
Depends on the switch, some have both powered

Could use a jumper and diode between both, with one wire out

Same as hooking up power to a g.m one wire alternator, easy to get feed back from windings and runs with key off lmfao

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes you are correct for the older cars (which is what I have) but I was trying to avoid tearing the whole steering column apart to access the wires but looks like that will have to happen after talking to the FI Tech guys.

I'm not a mechanic....but I'm pretty sure one of the wires off the KEY will provide current while cranking only.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
tks guys for the suggestions! I was able to find a wire from the ignition that has continuous 12v even when cranking the engine. Took a bit to find it but we are good to go. Just have to install the rad and some misc items and engine is ready to come to life. Maybe tonight.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we got approx 8-10 inches. Its a beautiful day out there right now.

Perfect!! How much snow did you get out that way. I’m trying to get the All Cat mechanic out to work on our snow cat but he doesn’t want to travel yet due to road conditions.

Top Bottom