1200 motec vs boost-it 1200 turbo

Woodsie1984

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone would consider comparing the 2 some time in revy this year ?

Anyone with a TSS boost-it 1200 ?
would like to compare the 2

NM

Boost It - Fuel your Boost
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone would consider comparing the 2 some time in revy this year ?

Anyone with a TSS boost-it 1200 ?
would like to compare the 2
I'm sure TSS would be happy to compare. Their sleds run really well and also have water to air intercoolers. Once they switched to Boost-It XICs they turned their boost down 3-4 lbs to stay on clutching. They never run more than 12-13 lbs now and they rip pretty good.
Have you ridden in the mountains with the Motec yet? There was a couple Motec controlled 1200s we seen last year that wouldn't really run over 5500 ft.
One of the guys had to rent a sled for the weekend so he could ride.

Woodsie1984

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm sure TSS would be happy to compare. Their sleds run really well and also have water to air intercoolers. Once they switched to Boost-It XICs they turned their boost down 3-4 lbs to stay on clutching. They never run more than 12-13 lbs now and they rip pretty good.
Have you ridden in the mountains with the Motec yet? There was a couple Motec controlled 1200s we seen last year that wouldn't really run over 5500 ft.

That would be great to compare to one of them. I have had very good success with my motec so far, I am also putting a water to air on my sled as we speak. I think it will help it out a lot getting those charge tube temps down. Intercooler just doesn't work with mountain application on these sleds. That's not good his sled didnt run!! He needs to be in contact with Martin at precision sports in Quebec. What clutch are they running ? I would like to upgrade my polar to a tapp clutch one day.

• Thanks
Reactions: NM

NM

Boost It - Fuel your Boost
Reaction score
That would be great to compare to one of them. I have had very good success with my motec so far, I am also putting a water to air on my sled as we speak. I think it will help it out a lot getting those charge tube temps down. Intercooler just doesn't work with mountain application on these sleds. That's not good his sled didnt run!! He needs to be in contact with Martin at precision sports in Quebec. What clutch are they running ? I would like to upgrade my polar to a tapp clutch one day.
That is a problem with air to air intercoolers, as they just don't get any airflow to cool the core. The water to air coolers feel like you add 40-50 HP.
I know one of the 1200s was running a Tapp clutch, not sure what the other had.
Hope to see you in the hills, maybe you can throw a leg over one of our Vipers.
Thanks

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a buddy that runs a carbon fiber 1200 doo after installing Boost-it fueling system he never goes past 12-14 lb max before 16-18lbs .His words "it like a bad @ss 2 stroke." Cheers (TSS did the set up:beer::beer::))

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: NM

Woodsie1984

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is a problem with air to air intercoolers, as they just don't get any airflow to cool the core. The water to air coolers feel like you add 40-50 HP.
I know one of the 1200s was running a Tapp clutch, not sure what the other had.
Hope to see you in the hills, maybe you can throw a leg over one of our Vipers.
Thanks

That would be great to try out one of your new vipers! Ill have to try and hook up with you guys this season some time. Thanks for the info.

Woodsie1984

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
image.jpg
Got my water to air all plumbed in ready to go. I will have to change my charge tube location once I get my new airbox in mid dec but for now this will work.

Top Bottom