1100 turbo chaincase problems

dragontamer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whos having problems with snapping chains. I have the hi jacker 2.0 installed and 3" straight pipe. No other mods. Running between 15 and 16 pounds boost. Second chain in 640 k. Any opinions as to why?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

thekrust

Reaction score
When you install the chain are you leaving the adjuster loose and letting it tighten up on it's own? If you manually tighten it the chain can be overstressed due to the movement of the shaft.

dragontamer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I never rebuilt it the first time, cat in red deer did and 150 k later it blew apart and now I have to buy new gears a chain and chaincase housing cause now it's off warranty so I want to put it together properly.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Go-Vertical

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would phone cat and complain. You might be able to get some warranty out of them.

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Manual tensioner from 600 race sled far superior to auto unit, and if it were mine, I'd install an Evolution Powersports chain - much stronger then factory.

BDF#900

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Manual tensioner from 600 race sled far superior to auto unit, and if it were mine, I'd install an Evolution Powersports chain - much stronger then factory.
X2
Definitely do the manual tensioner. Automatic stock one is more Chinese junk

Top Bottom