Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm havin the same issue with mine too.. Cept mine is all stock minus the can

Sent from a phone likely at work

gedakbx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why not throw less weight at it?

Something is wrong...It should pull the 64's. If I throw less weight at it, I am compensating for the problem.

EZ i put a 14-1 head on my XP and expected to have to add more weight but in the end I never had to. But the sled was more consistant than it was before the head with the same clutching and it pulled more tack speed in the end also.

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
EZ i put a 14-1 head on my XP and expected to have to add more weight but in the end I never had to. But the sled was more consistant than it was before the head with the same clutching and it pulled more tack speed in the end also.

This is exactly what I was thinking. Remember the KISS principle.

Sent from my eYefone using Tapatalk

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I think I finally have it figured out! After checking every possible thing out everything kept coming back to the TPS. called the dealership again and asked them if they could confirm what the settings were on my TPS when they "checked" it? As it wasn't documented. They could not give me what the numbers were as they never actually checked it. They told me to bring it back in and they would confirm the numbers were within spec. I looked up what the TPS should be set at (BASE .69V-.71V) (IDLE .93V-.95V) and instructed them to set it between these specs. What do you know Base was @ .717V they changed it to .698V Idle was @ .91V they changed that to .932V Can you then believe they charged me full price for this? I was choked apperently TPS adjustment is a maintance thing and isn't covered under warranty. You have to be fist ducking me I said. 1.5hrs they charged me and in my opinion should have been checked the first time as that is why i brought it in and it was written right on the service order CHECK TPS!! Whatever I PD the bill and will sort it out with the other dealership who sold me the sled when I get back after Xmas holidays. As soon as I fired my sled up I could tell it changed alot, idled right up to 2200RPM then came back down to 1800-1900RPM once she warmed up a bit. Just had to take her for a rip down the street when I got home, and was happy to see 8300RPM before backing out of it as I ran out of street. This was with the 64g's in so I'm pretty pumped to see what she will pull at now. Hoping for 8150RPM @ Elevation. Headed to REVY on the 26th so hopefully I have her pulling RPM's now :)

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will tell you the same thing I told them, when they said ahhh you have a aftermarket "muffler" and an aftermarket head on this machine, are you aware this "could void your warranty" - Absolutely under no circumstance do the modifications that I have done to my machine have ANYTHING to do with what it was sent in for. If I was in for engine work by all means no warranty, but I'm not in for engine work. I was in for electrical issues that are completely UNRELATED to the modifications that I have done to my sled. These issues would have been their with or without modifications. Peeps like you need to not own snowmobiles and keep your nose out of others business!! I will keep my warranty no matter what I have done and not done to my sled. Thanks for coming out.

sled-fiend

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.raintek.ca
Peeps like you need to not own snowmobiles and keep your nose out of others business!! I will keep my warranty no matter what I have done and not done to my sled. Thanks for coming out.

Easy now flatlander, Your comment is completely ridiculous. If your dealer lets you keep your warranty great, others have not been so lucky, you think I care? All my chit is modded as well. LOL Merry Xmas

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Back to the drawing board, rode all week and still wont pull top end RPM's!!! Swapped the weights back out and little to no change w the stock weights in won't pull over 7850 in altitude? Stock can is worse, tried that too. Hmmmmmm what to check now? Broken reed petal??? I can't think of anything else, perhaps the tach is just out? It feels great, has super impressive throttle response, and great power, sounds awesome.

Top Bottom