1000XT-P belt and heating problems

banditelectric

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Caroline, Alberta, Canadia, Earth, Milkyway
I've been a huge Can Am fan for a long time and owned a couple Renegades. Really happy with the machine but kinda disappointed as it seems to have inherited the same belt problems as my previous Renegades. When playing in water seems that the cover leaks and the belt gets wet. Only playing it water just over the tires far from the snorkels. Anyone know of an easy and reliable way to seal this cover from leaking. Also has anyone had any heating problems with their 1000 yet?

Thanks for the info

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369783869.410125.jpg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mines been great. No problems. Stock other than 28" outlaw 1s

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
. You need snorkels. Outlander 1000 and renny 1000. Both covers are water tight. I think your cvt exhaust is where your water problem is.

SlowKrawl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Only time I ever get my belt wet is when the water gets up to the exhaust and I'm idling (stuck lol).

As far as overheating, I have had some problems but only when I am dragging it through every mud hole I can find.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been a huge Can Am fan for a long time and owned a couple Renegades. Really happy with the machine but kinda disappointed as it seems to have inherited the same belt problems as my previous Renegades. When playing in water seems that the cover leaks and the belt gets wet. Only playing it water just over the tires far from the snorkels. Anyone know of an easy and reliable way to seal this cover from leaking. Also has anyone had any heating problems with their 1000 yet?

Thanks for the info
Well, if yer under warranty, get it to Trackside (I think they can still do BRP warranty, but no sales). If not, I would pull the clutch cover off and find out where the water is coming in. As mentioned, probably the CVT exhaust. It's higher than it was on the G1 machines, but it's still the lowest point water can get into the CVT cover.

Overheating? Well...clean the rad is all I can say. The G2 cooling systems are like 3 times bigger than the G1 or something. Could be a warranty issue...stuck T-stat, bad head gasket or something....but probably just a dirty rad. I've never had an issue with the Renny...but the Renny rad is quite a bit easier to clean. I also have a screen over it to keep the skeg and crap out.

gordhunt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check all the bolts on the cover my dealer left the very bottom one off once after a service and I had the same issue.

BIG DAWG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cool. Where is a good shop to take it to for installation?
I did my own on my gen 1 outty and was really quite simple came with very detailed instructions but if u were looking for a shop to install probably the best around is extreme machines between sylvan and bentley

Top Bottom