1000 Xp

vertical

Reaction score
just wondering if anyone has got anymore imfo on the rumor of a 1000 stuffed into a XP

4extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It`s going to be a new motor and it`ll be a 950cc. They are also working on a direct drive, I`m not sure how they`ll make that work with the secondary being so high up.

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
to do that they would lose the foot area on the XP now. What I heard is they are trying to make a direct drive so maybe they have to change something again.

I dont know, but I do know that this is why we aren't ski-doo engineers lol

4extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dont know, but I do know that this is why we aren't ski-doo engineers lol
Maybe they`ll put the clutches on the other side and go straight into the chain case...of course there wouldn`t be a chain case, or jackshaft. Less parts again and their motors can already run in reverse so it shouldn`t be to hard to make that work. I believe some after market company or small builder did that already and had it at the show a few years ago.

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They might go right into the driveshaft somehow?

"Direct drive" means the driven clutch drives the drive shaft, though a gear case, eliminating the jack shaft and chain case... Cat has had it for a few years (since 2004) and it is smooth, less moving parts, lighter etc. However it has not proved it's self when it comes to putting power to the ground? :confused: I have seen, over the last few years, chain case Firecats out performing the equivalent ACT drive models by a good margin :confused: This is from my own Personal experience. I still prefer the Chain Case :D

4extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
"Direct drive" means the driven clutch drives the drive shaft, though a gear case, eliminating the jack shaft and chain case... Cat has had it for a few years (since 2004) and it is smooth, less moving parts, lighter etc. However it has not proved it's self when it comes to putting power to the ground? :confused: I have seen, over the last few years, chain case Firecats out performing the equivalent ACT drive models by a good margin :confused: This is from my own Personal experience. I still prefer the Chain Case :D
The chain case is nice for changing gears, anyway it was just something I heard/told.

Top Bottom