1000 SDI... RPM... question/problem?

whole_control

Reaction score
Website
www.apexautomationltd.com
For those of you who don't know my previous problems: "at hammer down" on my throttle I was only getting 7600-7800 RPM... I came on here seeking advice and got the following listed below until I tried the last one which seemed to work for what ever reason... PLEASE READ and let me know why...

YOUR PADIWAN

So here are my results. I did everything one thing at a time... remounted temp sensor... rode it. same result. remounted pressure sensor. rode it. same result. tuned my R.A.V.E's so its closer to "OPEN" in the window. same result. little better though. Charged my DAM BATTERY for an hour... went for a rip down the street. 8050 rpm and just crackling crisp power... I didnt get a chance to ride it enough but best result so far. Now these EFI's get power from the capacitor which in return get its power from the magneto and the battery is for what? ECU? I'm thinking my mag or capacitor may be weak or something. Im no electrician so I was hoping you may know?

Tanner

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Pm was sent to you....... Replace the battery and you'll be good to go!!!
I change mine every year, like i said. Ran into similar problem in valemont in a back bowl, and it wasn't pretty, but new battery solved everything;)

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
i know but trust me when i say there is a huge difference between 8000-8100 and 7600-7800 rpm... Im talking big difference... The difference between me digging for hour or not! But i appreciate your concern... :)

many i know of and including mine run hard at 8000 rpms or better...... I usually have mine running at about 8200rpms.... Depends what you have done to the set-up.....

freakshow12

Reaction score
my thinking is clickers on 5 and revving it to 81-82 is going to kill it. i spent alot of time on my setup und have clickers on 3 at 7800 all day. granted mine is a mach and not a summit but i dont lose many races :beer: if you keep losing revs i would closely look at fuel pressure and voltage. thats the 2 most important and troublesome things on these

Top Bottom