10 hr Service

Snort

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is it worth taking a sled in for the 10 hour service?

Is adjusting the oil a part of this service?

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
If ya gotta pay for it, i would question it.......... When my sled hit 10 hours(it was probably closer to 20 hours), mr. R's in milo checked everything out, and never charged me a penny...... Their man was on it for a good couple hours.....

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
pretty sure they will void your warranty if you dont take it in for the 10 hour service regardless if its worth it or not.

i dont think their is an oil adjustment

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah they are supposed to check it and adjust accordinly if there is a problem but i thought he was implying that there was a differant setting for break in. some dealers do and some dont.

hillclimb10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know for a fact that they can not void your warrenty if you dont take it in for the 10 hr inspection. The reason being is that they charge you for it which is a total joke. It just like when they tell you that you can only run doo oil or your warrnety is void well from my understanding is that the only way that a dealer ship can push this is if they supply the oil at no charge. I had a big fight with a dealer ship over this and believe it or not the little guy being me won. Its like i told them I have a dodge truck and i dont have to run mopar oil it is recomended but as long as you run the same type of oil that is recommeded they can not void your warrenty. A person pay alot for a new sled and it realy gets me when you have to fight for whats write. The only reason why there is dealer ships is because of people that love the sport so why try and screw us over.:nono:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
YEAH i have no idea if they can void your warranty or not. i just know how dealerships are and not having the 10hr service just seems like ammunition for them to me.

i did hear about the oil issue at one time. seems to be there are a couple brands now that they approve and you can use

ridehard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I only run the OEM oil, and I've never had an engine failure. I also believe in maintenance, and do an annual, it would be nice to have it free, but that doesn't seem to happen anymore. And I make sure that oil pump adjustment is part of it. I ask questions, tech's come and go and I need to know. I've had too much oil pumping, and also caught a near big failure just in time with a cable getting frayed (over 8000kms). On service; "Save a buck today, pay a hundred tomorrow", my old man used to say (times about 200 for modern times).

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I only run the OEM oil, and I've never had an engine failure. I also believe in maintenance, and do an annual, it would be nice to have it free, but that doesn't seem to happen anymore. And I make sure that oil pump adjustment is part of it. I ask questions, tech's come and go and I need to know. I've had too much oil pumping, and also caught a near big failure just in time with a cable getting frayed (over 8000kms). On service; "Save a buck today, pay a hundred tomorrow", my old man used to say (times about 200 for modern times).

this is true. i have had alot of motors apart that run brp oil and other brands.

when you see what is happening in the bottom end and rave valves you will think twice about using another oil.

brp oil has never let me down, i feel it is the best out there. just going from the experiments i have done.

hillclimb10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah I totaly agree with you guys on the oil and having your sled checked out every year if you dont feel like you may not know enough about the sled to do it your self. I just feel it is wrong for them to expect to get paid for doing a ten hour inspection. Was the 16 grand on the new sled not enough. I have bought many sleds and atvs from this dealer ship you would think they would maybe give a little. Or was the 10 or so outlanders that i got all my freinds to by from them not good enough. Sorry just bin a long couple of days at work needed to vent. They are a realy good bunch of guys were i deal its just that they got big to fast and some time forget about the guys who were there buying when they only used to sell maybe 25 sleds a winter.:beer:

Top Bottom