'09 xpx Popping noise

silver fox

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wondering if anyone else has noticed a popping sound coming from their exhaust side of sled at idle..at first thought it was a knock...but seems almost like it's popping thru the can,kinda intermittenly.. every few seconds...quite noticeably more when warm.
Seems to run good,no symptoms otherwise (although it seems to vibrate a little more lately) and at 1150k's,just replaced 1st belt

bradz

Reaction score
i put a can on my sled and had the same noise. the hole in the tunnel is a really tight fit. The popping noise on mine is coming from the exhaust rubbing against the tunnel. I made the hole a little bigger and the noise went away. let me know if this is the same problem with your machine.

bradz

Reaction score
my sled did the same thing. turned out to be the tight fit of the exit port on the can and the tunnel. i made a bigger hole for the exhaust and the popping sound went away.

skibeadoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, I have today as well and thought oh no, not another engine problem. Thanks for the info guys and will look into our suggestions. :)

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Crank bearings make the same noise when shot....will still spin smooth but makes a knocking noise if it is that just a matter of time. It's on warranty get it checked out

Top Bottom