09 xp

zeke

Reaction score
Just got an 09 xp 163. Wondering what tips anyone has to do to it. Clutch, gears, bars, suspension etc. Stock setup with a can. thnx

pistonbroke800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A little clutch work never hurts. Lots of diffterent options out there. I have a Roosterbuilt kit that i run on my sled and am happy with it.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
First thing you need to do is atleast check it over. What is your experience with the XP's? 09 was a decent year. Had a few updates. There was an excellent thread on here at one time that listed many of the differences and things to watch out for on the different years of XP's.

Maxwell, where did that thread go?

What sort of mileage is on it? Were the clutches ever touched? Gearing if stock could come down a bit. Personally I would ride it first then decide what you want to do with clutching. Some guys prefer a hard hitting engagment, other don't. Riding style and area can dictate clutching needs as well. Rooster built as mentioned is a decent place to start for clutching. They ride a lot of similar terrain as most of BC.

Upgrades down the road would be to ditch the stock ported track if it still has that. Heavier rear springs, or relocate brackets help keep the skis down when climbing. The stock spring rates suck anyways. I am a light weight and prefer to run the heavier rear springs.

Set up is key to have the sled work for you.

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
First thing you need to do is atleast check it over. What is your experience with the XP's? 09 was a decent year. Had a few updates. There was an excellent thread on here at one time that listed many of the differences and things to watch out for on the different years of XP's.

Maxwell, where did that thread go?

What sort of mileage is on it? Were the clutches ever touched? Gearing if stock could come down a bit. Personally I would ride it first then decide what you want to do with clutching. Some guys prefer a hard hitting engagment, other don't. Riding style and area can dictate clutching needs as well. Rooster built as mentioned is a decent place to start for clutching. They ride a lot of similar terrain as most of BC.

Upgrades down the road would be to ditch the stock ported track if it still has that. Heavier rear springs, or relocate brackets help keep the skis down when climbing. The stock spring rates suck anyways. I am a light weight and prefer to run the heavier rear springs.

Set up is key to have the sled work for you.

Yeah, the track is the first place to start....that ported thing is junk

zeke

Reaction score
I've been riding a modded out zx for the past few years and have it geared way down with pol pri and tied sec that works great. Also have a 156 camo ext 2.5 and an M10 susp. I'm a bit worried about the suspension. How does the racers edge setup work? Oh yea, I ride Valemount and Blue River. Love the trees!

Top Bottom