09 xp top end help

Friskyxp

Reaction score
My buddy blew a top end. Had it fixed and the next ride it blew again. Does anyone have any ideas what caused this by looking at this piston?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    194.7 KB · Views: 95

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the jugs are screwed... crap in crank case and look at first set of pistons if they looked like these ones there is no surprize that it blew again. Here is my piston that i did in feb last year after 3000 miles on a 08xp. my thoughts are buy a engine
Calgary-20121211-00246.jpg

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My buddy blew a top end. Had it fixed and the next ride it blew again. Does anyone have any ideas what caused this by looking at this piston?
It does look like some crap wasn't cleaned out of cases ,but I've never had luck with those piston's

Friskyxp

Reaction score
The original piston came out looking the same. He was losing power for a couple hours before it blew. He had the jugs relined when doing the top end. The new one only lasted a couple hours. He wasn't a where about breaking it in lightly. Do you think it could be a heat issue?

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It does look like some crap wasn't cleaned out of cases ,but I've never had luck with those piston's

LOL Yup!!! Hey I have a set of "slightly used pistons going real cheap.... you saw one of them and i still got its twin.... they dont like to be seperated

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The original piston came out looking the same. He was losing power for a couple hours before it blew. He had the jugs relined when doing the top end. The new one only lasted a couple hours. He wasn't a where about breaking it in lightly. Do you think it could be a heat issue?

Is the engine out? Its possible that it might be oil starvation but heat was the killer for sure. Did you check the oil cable?

Friskyxp

Reaction score
Top end is rebuilt again and now we are getting an error code. 5 short beeps. Any ideas? help!!!

Top Bottom