09 xp clutch alingment

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes sounds like an alignment problem, which the '09 didn't have as much as an issue as the '08. Could also be a heat issue if your clutches aren't vented it may lead to belt failure if you are putting lots km's and hard pulls on it.

What are you considering is too many belts though? A new belt every 1200k or less is deffinetly a problem.

Are you running the 377 belt?

tko sled ed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.foxmaplehomes.com
Have the vents. I have been running the ultimax xs 803 because they have a great replacement warranty. The last belt was good for 2 rides at home maybe 150km and 2 good hard days in the snow up at sun peaks maybe 200km. I would think a guy can get more than that out of them. I grabed a service manual so i'll have to look at that and see what and how to check

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have heard mixed views on the XS belts, I believe there is an updated belt as well, the 821? Maybe I have my numbers crossed.

Do a search for either the shim kits or alignment check and you should be able to find some more info if the service manual isn't cooperating with you!

I have over 1200 km this season on my 377, not a thread or any odd wear to be seen. Maybe I am just lucky (so far).

I heard a rumour the XS belts are softer than the BRP, who knows if that is true, but require a little extra break in period to treat the rubber. I have no idea if this is true, but it may contribute to your problem.

Some people with '08 also had I believe engine supports breaking causing excessive engine twist which led to belts breaking, never heard of it on the '09 being a problem, but you can always doube check!

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For the price of 4 BRP belts you can have the ultimate fix: Doodoctor's floating secondary. Makes the secondary removable and floating....the way DooDoo SHOULD have done it. I did mine....turnaround was 2 weeks or so. Still on my original belt.

Available at:

Clarke's 231 947 4599
RK TEK
SLEDHEAD RACING
HOWARD' INC.
Cudney Racing
SNOW MOBILE TOYS .. ( Southern michigan) Can also help with install !!

CLARKES SERVICE 8320 Bingham rd
Traverse city Michigan 49684 231 947 4599

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For the price of 4 BRP belts you can have the ultimate fix: Doodoctor's floating secondary. Makes the secondary removable and floating....the way DooDoo SHOULD have done it. I did mine....turnaround was 2 weeks or so. Still on my original belt.

Available at:

Clarke's 231 947 4599
RK TEK
SLEDHEAD RACING
HOWARD' INC.
Cudney Racing
SNOW MOBILE TOYS .. ( Southern michigan) Can also help with install !!

CLARKES SERVICE 8320 Bingham rd
Traverse city Michigan 49684 231 947 4599
\

yes this is really the only solution as you can measure as much as you want it will never be perfec like the floating secondary.

that or revmans shim kit will get you close

powerteker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also I know u said u put on a vent kit but how big are they(I rember pics of a copule small vents) U really need large vents to let out all that heat and the clutching above. I had the same problem till I used a vent kit. Been on the same belt all season and the belt still looks new. wash your new belt with soapy water and baby that sucker for at least 50miles. I also ran this belt on the stand for a bit before it even hit snow. Good Luck! Buy the 377 it's the only belt that last imo

Top Bottom