09 XP bent bulk head, A arm or ski?

dakinns

Reaction score
I ran into a tree with my left ski this weekend at a low rate of speed but just fast enough to toss me off. The Sled seemed fine but hard to tell if anything is bent. To me it looks like the left ski is bent to the inside edge(very minimal). I couldnt tell if my sled was wandering more on the way out or if it was just the trail conditons. Does anyone have first hand exp on what bends first on the XP and how I can check it.
Thanks

Attachments

• DSC05277.JPG
    DSC05277.JPG
    150.3 KB · Views: 170

captain extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
probablly our s module, been through 2 a arms, and 2 s-modules(nun) so far this year on my o9, plus multiple other parts. this happened on 4 seperate occasions. bolted everything in the last two times with SS button Top bolts w/allen heads in stead of brp's aluminum bolt deals. and ordered rip and grip racing brackets to strengthin the module, and built one of my own.

i can now change a nun out in 2 hours, getting good at it. we will find out how strong the xp is after i add the brackets.

vanislerev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
probablly our s module, been through 2 a arms, and 2 s-modules(nun) so far this year on my o9, plus multiple other parts. this happened on 4 seperate occasions. bolted everything in the last two times with SS button Top bolts w/allen heads in stead of brp's aluminum bolt deals. and ordered rip and grip racing brackets to strengthin the module, and built one of my own.

i can now change a nun out in 2 hours, getting good at it. we will find out how strong the xp is after i add the brackets.

Just did the S and E modules on my 09. After doing that im not so sure those brackets are the way to go. All that will do is transmit force to the E module and increase the chances of ruining it. And sure an S module is easy to do, the E module is a whole nother beast. I spent more hours than I care to admit doing that. Id much rather tweak just the S module than both!

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hit a tree last year hidden under the snow and pushed the left ski back 2". Had to change out the E module and both X members. This years damage so far is 1 motor due to a bearing failure. Thank goodness for warranty.

Flatlander_01

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just did mine too dealer quotes $1500-2000 each time did my first nun in about 4 hours dealer says takes 12 hours $300 for parts make sure you get the nun for the x model verus the everest the x is thicker across the aluminum that holds your lower a-arms together. dealer says they don't have a problem with bending them mine is a 09 and their was 2 in the shop when i was their and another 4 waiting to come in.

YellowMissile

Reaction score
Just did the S and E modules on my 09. After doing that im not so sure those brackets are the way to go. All that will do is transmit force to the E module and increase the chances of ruining it. And sure an S module is easy to do, the E module is a whole nother beast. I spent more hours than I care to admit doing that. Id much rather tweak just the S module than both!

As I've been lead to believe the Grip and Rip braces are to try and strengthen the A arm mounts to allow the a arms to bend before the E and S modules do. Did you have to replace your A arms as well? I'd change A arms all day before wanting to do an S or E!

Maxwe

Reaction score
I bent everything up and now have it fixed. I have drilled holes in the A arms hoping next time the arms bend instead of the frame works.

Top Bottom