09 M1000 not pulling full rpm

Badnews

Reaction score
Long story short my 2009 M1000 has not been pulling full rpm lately. She has only been pulling 6900-7100 rpm and I have tried some corrective measures such as a new primary spring, new plugs and a new belt which did not help. Then it was off to the shop where they found low compression and refreshed the top end. Still no improvement. I then changed the belt to a 046 which gave it 200 more rpm. It is now pulling 7200-7300 but used to easily pull 7500 consistently.

Any other thoughts? New Secondary spring? New primary clutch? match?

1700 miles on er.

Badnews

Reaction score
ya , I am aware of that however the drop of rpm does indicate a problem somewhere, and the 100=200 rpm it doesnt have right now ( with 046 belt) can be noticed.

Power valves checked out ok.

markoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check you motor mounts. I would bet you have a few torn ones which will let the engine twist under load pulling the clutches out of alignment.

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
X2 on the motor mounts. I had all 3 gone on my pto side and had the same issue

tchriste

Reaction score
The list of things that can cause low RPM is quite long and it appears you have worked on quite a few of them. Some other odd things that come up are: the secondary bushing, feul pressure too high, worn pins and bushing in primary, sparkplugs, sparkplug leads, bad sparkplug caps....motor mounts has been the big issue with the 1000.

Badnews

Reaction score
Thanks for all the info fellas., its nice to have a list of potentials to go by. Next day off I'll continue chasing this.

Top Bottom