09 dragon speedo quit. Running like crap

ColinSiR

Reaction score
Anyone have any ideas? Went riding yesterday and the speedo just quit and stopped working. And it's running like crap. It's like there is not enough power to power it all. Sometimes the headlight will put out a littttttle light. Just wondering if this is something I can fix or am I gonna need a new regulator or something?

any help would be awesome cause it would be nice to go riding today

whitegold

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
BEWARE!!!! I wouldn`t take it out... this sounds really familiar and if you ride it you run the risk of seizing the motor... it sounds like an electrical issue.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
My Iguana did the same thing this fall, and thanks to some help from others. I replaced the VR and she was good to go again, I would start there.

There is also a lot of good threads in this section to help you with any other questions.

Justin_sane

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes if its thr voltage regulator it can cause lean running and detonate your motor to hell. I would get a voltage regulator asap. It can also blow uour ecu. Cheapish fix for somethingg that can cause some very expensive damage.

Ps dont ask how i know lol

ColinSiR

Reaction score
Well we swapped out the regulator from th e other sled and yes the vr is no good. Looks like no more sled this weekend. Thx guys

rooster 54

Reaction score
Does anyone knows if the new VR will last longer than the original one?
Because i changed those on my 2 sleds.

Last edited:

Justin_sane

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The updated part number should be all good. Everyone who ive heard of that installed it, has had no further issues.

B-Mac

Reaction score
This just happened to me, but i tried to make the 30+ km ride back to the truck and only made it about 10kms. I still have warranty so its being covered. Mechanic said the stator was pooched (cracked or in pieces, cant remember) but they replaced the VR just in case.

Top Bottom