09 assault 146

bigblock600

Reaction score
just snowchecked the 800 assault. it was a tough decision between the 155''dragon and the 146'' assault. i found out the reason for the 146'' track instead of the 144" is the new track pitch (instead of 2.52 they went to a smaller driver and so therefore, a new track).
I know not to expect as good performance as the 155'' in the steep and deep but i was wondering if anyone who was riding the shift 144" last season could tell me how it handled in the powder?
did i make a wise decision? (i ride alot around edmonton and like to bang ditches so i figued the 146 was more versatile than the 155)

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
talking with the dealer the other day the assault is set up for ditch banging more stiff frame and suspention if you look at the pics of the assault the rails are a lot thicker he told me the ride will be a little on the firm side but thats why they made it check out the video on polaris web they put it through some good hard riding as for mountain riding go back 5-10 years 144 was a long track for many sleds you won't make it as high as a 163 but you will have a all around do everything sled

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Not related...here is some info on the new sled

Attachments

• polarisindustries_1.jpg
    polarisindustries_1.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 356

GRD

Reaction score
I prefer the track longer when you get to the hills... Nice sled though!

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I dont see nothing wrong with a 144, it brings me up all the hills i wanna go,it kept up with all the 151s my dad use to ride with

GRD

Reaction score
I dont see nothing wrong with a 144, it brings me up all the hills i wanna go,it kept up with all the 151s my dad use to ride with

All personal preference, but when it comes to the steep and deep, there is no replacing a long track...

Depends what you are using the sled for. Sounds like you got the right sled for what you want

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
All personal preference, but when it comes to the steep and deep, there is no replacing a long track...

Depends what you are using the sled for. Sounds like you got the right sled for what you want

Well i do go STEEP and DEEEP thats all i ride now, but i wouldnt mind getting a 155 in it

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just snowchecked the 800 assault. it was a tough decision between the 155''dragon and the 146'' assault. i found out the reason for the 146'' track instead of the 144" is the new track pitch (instead of 2.52 they went to a smaller driver and so therefore, a new track).
I know not to expect as good performance as the 155'' in the steep and deep but i was wondering if anyone who was riding the shift 144" last season could tell me how it handled in the powder?
did i make a wise decision? (i ride alot around edmonton and like to bang ditches so i figued the 146 was more versatile than the 155)

It's all about the struggle and the challenge. If you are not getting stuck it's not any fun...IMO. 155 vs. 146. The 155 will give you more decision time, a little more float at lower speeds. When I went from my 155, 15inch to my 159 16inch that is what I noticed the most, was I could travel slower to go the same places.

bigblock600

Reaction score
yeah i hear you about the decision time....i ride a 136" 600 with 155 dragons and i have to ride hard to get where it is effortless for them. but i think it make a guy a better rider when you don't have any second chances and have one shot to make it somewheres

Top Bottom