09 800 Pipe Insulation Split

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I looked under the hood today and saw that the shroud holding the insulation around the exhaust pipe was starting to split down the seam. Now I’m trying to decide if I get the pipe fixed under warranty, or just go get a SLP pipe. I have the latest flash update, but I’m still a bit worried about the engine. Does the SLP pipe work well, or does it just screw things up?

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I looked under the hood today and saw that the shroud holding the insulation around the exhaust pipe was starting to split down the seam. Now I’m trying to decide if I get the pipe fixed under warranty, or just go get a SLP pipe. I have the latest flash update, but I’m still a bit worried about the engine. Does the SLP pipe work well, or does it just screw things up?

get warranty , new pipe doesn't add enough to justify:beer:

BrosBeforeHos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Same thing happened to mine, Polaris is replacing it under warranty. The mechanic told me to wrap the entire exhaust with heat tape, even gave me a big roll, should do the trick when the new exhaust comes in. They claim it could cause trouble with your exhaust sensor...incorrect temps.

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I’m going to call the dealer this morning and get the pipe fixed, but I still may get the SLP pipe eventually. I’m interested in the weight loss as well as a power increase, if I can find a good deal. Those of you that have the SLP pipe, please let me know what you think. Good, bad, ugly…?

Top Bottom