08 XP engine light

revbyu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check engine light coming on while driving - seems to only come on when rpm's are above 6000 rpm - engine still seems to run fine - checked fluid levels / electrical connections ??? anyone have same experience !

Mike_1987

Reaction score
Check the wires at the RAVE valve solenoids. I had the wires break right at the connectors twice now. The first time I took it to the dealer to figure out what was wrong and they said they repaired wires at the solenoids. The 2nd time the sled was doing the same thing I went looking at the solenoids and found a broken wire.

Attachments

• convert.jpg
    convert.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 201
  • Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 201
Last edited:

Revxm

Reaction score
Take off your panties, Pack a bottle of Appletons, and buy a new sled because the 154 xm will be whooping your a** in the morning.

flabbajabba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine is doing the same thing I'm still trying to find it? I took it to the dealer just to see if I was looking in the right place(rave wiring) they only had one overheat code and said it was fine. The first time I rev'd it over 6000 it came on again:mad: Thx Mike 1987 for the wire diagram. Pls post what you found if you figure it out:beer: and I'll do the same.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had the same. It was the wires close to the solenoid. Wiggle the wires, they may be broken under the wire sheathing. You can get new plug terminals from the dealer, and re-attatch them if they broke off right at the plug.

flabbajabba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had the same. It was the wires close to the solenoid. Wiggle the wires, they may be broken under the wire sheathing. You can get new plug terminals from the dealer, and re-attatch them if they broke off right at the plug.

Did you notice any performance decrease? Mine has the rave valve mod so my solenod doesn't do anything, I seem to have problems with revs but am in the middle of dialing a different clutch set up so not sure whats causing what. :beer:

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No, nothing real noticeable that I can recall. It just beeped every time it hit 6000rpm.

revbyu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yep same as mine - no performance problems - took to dealer - unfortunately to busy to help me - told me just to drive it - I did chk wires going into solenoids - could not see any broken wires - dont have test meter to chk continuity so have to wait until I get back home - ran it again today with not issues - just had to deal with the beeping !!!

flabbajabba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well a big thx to Mike_1987 and CUSO :beer::beer:
I found a broken wire right at the plug for the solenoid. It was just as CUSO said broken wire under the sheathing. I looked at that plug/wire fifteen times and never saw it. Gave it a pull today and it fell apart. $9.00 at the dealer for two female terminals and go to go. No more light BrAaAaAaP! Glad I gave the stealership $50 before my last trip to say nothing was wrong:mad:

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would DEMAND your money back.

Which dealer?

Well a big thx to Mike_1987 and CUSO :beer::beer:
I found a broken wire right at the plug for the solenoid. It was just as CUSO said broken wire under the sheathing. I looked at that plug/wire fifteen times and never saw it. Gave it a pull today and it fell apart. $9.00 at the dealer for two female terminals and go to go. No more light BrAaAaAaP! Glad I gave the stealership $50 before my last trip to say nothing was wrong:mad:

flabbajabba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had the light on my first trip this year. I had put a new top end and deleted the oil injection and put on NOS. (probably pulled the wire removing the oil pump) I asked my dealer to scan sled and I thought I was very specific on the problem happens at 6000 rpm. They were up front and said they couldnt "work" on my sled for two weeks, they would squeeze it in for the scan. I would have wanted to fix it myself anyway. Just wanted the scan to show me the right direction. I'm happy lights gone and concider the $50 a learning fee, that I probably know my sled better then them lol. I owe you a beer or two for your help! Thx again.

revbyu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did get problem solved after got sled home - rechecked rave solenoid wires - probed wires back 2inches from connector - found one wire with no continuity - got new connector at electrical place for free!! Repaired wire - no more beeping or chk engine light on !:d

flabbajabba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did get problem solved after got sled home - rechecked rave solenoid wires - probed wires back 2inches from connector - found one wire with no continuity - got new connector at electrical place for free!! Repaired wire - no more beeping or chk engine light on !:d

Glad to hear! :beer: BrAaAaAaP:beer:

Top Bottom