08 xp Boss nos or boondocker

Duct tape Doo

Reaction score
Boss 50 hp shot pros and cons?
Boss non adjustable rate? can nozzle be changed?
which system is easier to use?
I am thinking of buying a used boss system but 50 hp shot seems a bit much for clutching and over rev.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Boss 50 hp shot pros and cons?
Boss non adjustable rate? can nozzle be changed?
which system is easier to use?
I am thinking of buying a used boss system but 50 hp shot seems a bit much for clutching and over rev.

we ran the boondocker last year, no problems yet. The rate is regulated through the carberator and the nozzle. You can get a adjustable regulator for the kit and thats how we ran ours. Big nozzle(good to 75hp) and regulate HP down from there. As for which is easier to use this is a preference, me boondocker does not have some goofy computer regulator(gas and nitrous i belive) or batteries. Only variable is bottle pressure and thats all you want to deal with right?

As for HP levels, your sled probably looses 30hp or so just due to elevation changes, so throwing a 30 hit on you sled really isnt going to hurt anything. we were runnning a stock sled with a 40hp hit last season with no issues.

Duct tape Doo

Reaction score
Bought the Boss system, New in the box, I will be sending the E.C.U away for mod to be able to over rev, 2 weeks later and 260.00 i will have it back, A spare bottle 225.00, The boss web site mentions a different piston with a smaller orifice for 30 hp rather than 50 hp. should a guy stay with 50 hp shot and or go 30 and clutch properly?
I am a bit confused about the fuel bottle, I did not know that i had to buy some 100 octane race fuel, I have a battery for the electric start so i will have to get creative finding a spot for the fuel bottle.

Top Bottom