'08 XP 800 primary noise

dirtbikersledder

Reaction score
08' xp 800 146" i'm getting a knocking sound out of primary clutch when sled is idling down, after I put in a team secondary and their ramps, springs, pin weights, and helix, belt is in great condition and clutch has been cleaned completely. 100% sure that it is the primary clutch and the team set up. Sled performs great with this clutch set-up, just a bit noisey, and alot easier on belts. Any advice on how i can fix this noise problem ie; pin weight change, spring change?

Primary: TRA 7
412 ramps
15.9 pin weight
160-230 team-yellow/white

Secondary:Team TSS-04
48-44 33ER Helix
160-240 team-black/purple

Monster Xp

Reaction score
I dont have the team set up and mine does that when im slowing down to a stop, its when the shives in the primary disengage the belt, and "pop" to the seated position. unless it is really harsh? It should be audible but not readiculous. So how is the team setup anyway? ive bin thinkin about gettin it, but cant get around the $700 , is it that much better then the QRS with a clutch kit?

dirtbikersledder

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, is there any way to get rid of this noise? The team clutch works well, now the clutches are aligned properly and have not blown a belt since I put it on clutches run alot cooler, no vent kit, the cluch is also easy to remove and work on. As far as performance goes I'm still trying different set-ups, but puls good and backshifts nicely so it's good for boondocking.

Monster Xp

Reaction score
Ok sounds good. And as for fixes on the popin noise i dont know, sometimes belt deflection is to blame sometimes it just happens.I have a friend that ran an ultimax and it did it for that but not the stock belt. And mine does it sometimes with the stocker. It could be the clearence from the primary shives and the belt on idle, check spec i think it will be in the .020-.040" range, check though. I usualy dont mind it much though

Top Bottom