08 xp 800 bogging

xrsrev

Reaction score
My sled seems to be bogging when im at elevation around 4000 ft! At wot it runs fine! As soon as u let off the throttle and go to the bars again it bogs and then its fine! Its a chore trying to climb or sidehill if i need to change direction! Anyone know or experience this before? I was thinking carburation or altitude compensator problem! Thanx in advance!

theunit1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya the floats stick u need to pull them out blow air through them spray some wd-40 and put back together ,happened to me in valemount and they charged me 65.00 bucks for 10 min work

thumperracing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you know what ur DMP rail is it just needs to be tapped. This issue is common with the 08. On top of ur carbs there should be a silver cylinder with several hoses running to it. That is ur DMP. its what adjusts ur sled at different elevations. They get sticky and most of the time a light tap with a wrench or screw driver will fix it!

trailblazer

Reaction score
sorry couldn't hear you over my "can man",did you say bigger hammer and hit it a lille' harder?aaight,here goes!!:rollingpin::eek:

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
did the recent DPM recall on the Summits include the '08's? I know the '09 had a recall to fix or lube the DPM solenoid. It was getting sticky and require lube or replacement to properly adjust for elevations.

Could be your DPM solenoid sticking and it is causing the bog at 4000'.

Or thats how it was all explained to me. Lets hope for fuel injected doo's!

FarFrmStock

Reaction score
I seen this a few times now, unfortunately it ended up being a different issue each time. Here are a few things to check;
1). Check your DPM lines, look for pinched lines, cracks, discoloration and/or dirt. (Most likely cause if machine works fine at lower elevation.)
2). Jetting may be too rich, either pilots, needle, or main. Check plugs and get a small light to read your pison wash.
3). Inspect your intake and exhaust, look for anything that may indicate you have a leak.
4). Strangely enough the last case I saw, it was the heated carbs that was causing the issue. The only thing I can speculate is that with the heated carbs "on" it was making the fuel too hot under load? Either way keeping them "off" solved the issue.
Hope this provides you with some direction!

b.fox

Reaction score
if its when you start to climb mine did the same took it to dealer they replaced carbs on warrenty problem fixed they said some carbs had tube inside installed wrong from factory

Top Bottom