08 XP 154" vs 05 RT 151"

summitron

Reaction score
This weekend I rode a new summit 154", and My brother rode my 05 summit 1000 with a 151", and my cousin rode my 06 summit 600 with a 144". My first impressions were that the XP turned awesome, so little effort compared to the Rt it wasn't even funny, turned better than the 600. I loved having the electric start, I will never buy another sled with out it, trying to start the Rt after a long stuck was brutal. The XP and RT both had a can on it, but otherwise stock. I picked a hill earlier on saturday where no one had high marked in Video bowl,2-3 feet of fresh(owlshead, Sicamous) and I pulled 2 climbs on the XP, and then 2 pulls on the Rt. I started same spot and rode both as hard as I could in a fresh line and the RT pulled almost 1/3 higher. We then watched a Dragon 800 take several runs and he couldn't match the XP no matter which line he took, but he wasn't missing it by much. This was my first day ever riding the XP, and I'm used to the RT. So after riding for most of the day I came back and tried again and I matched the RT's original mark with the XP and then passed them both again with the RT but not by much. All in all, I loved the XP's nimble feel, good suspension, pulled nice, great sled. If they could make an XP with the power of the RT, it would be awesome. I was with Rene, a little, and watched him make some incredible climbs on his turbo Yamaha. It was unbelievable to watch... that thing could put a man on the moon if there was snow leading there....He climbs spots, that would make me change my diaper. He wanted me too take it for a spin and I was too chicken! Good thing too, he broke his rear shock soon after and with my luck it would have blown while I was riding it. Awesome two days riding:D, lousy 21 hours driving.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Hey Summitron.... Thanks For The Feedback. If They Ever Brought Out The Xp With The 1000, I'd Be In And I Think You Would Be Too. I Could Tell After Riding With A Couple Of Xp's In Our Group In Valemount And Mcbride, That The Xp's Are Incredible Sleds, But I Think On A Point And Shoot My '06 100rt 162" Would Take Em, Even With Our Differences In Body Weight And Tools/equipment Carried In Packs And On The Sleds(i Weigh 235lbs And Carry A Ton Of Tools, I Think He Weighs 190lbs And Almost No Tools Etc.)... We Only Hit A Couple Of Similar Pulls, And 1st Time Hits I Highmarked The 154" Everytime, But On His Subsequent Pulls He Closed The Gap(i Never Took 2nd Runs). The 163" That Was With Us Wasn't Broke In Yet, And I Think That Will Be The Trouble Sled, For Our Big 1000's. A Group We Were Riding With Had An '07 Summit 800xrs 151" And A 154"xp And They Were Pretty Even, Except In The Powdered Steep, And The Xp Seemed To Take The Lead, They Said. Interesting Stuff.

summitron

Reaction score
I actually don't know, to be honest. I never paid any attention to it, the only time we were close enough to see, We were busy helping to dig one another out. The fellow riding it was from Salmon Arm, and we traded digging each other out about 3 or 4 times. He was very helpful. I got the RT stuck in a precarious position and he came up to help, thankfully.

Top Bottom