08 summit xp brake

sledheadrevxp

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok heres a new problem that i cant say i have ever had before, i have a 08 summit 800 154x, when i went to pull it out of the shop this winter it had no brakes but did when i parked it. i checked for leaks and none! so i started bleeding it at the caliper and then at the resivoir, after about 30 mins of pissing around i finally got a little bit of pressure and gave up, when i went back the next morning it was gone again so blead it again until it got some pressure and left the park brake locked on and it got more pressure, was almost perfect but then again as soon as i left it over night without the park brake on it went back to nothing, any ideas?

giddyup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i wish i had help for you, we have a simmilar sled 08 154x the brake is soft, i have bled the brakes more time than i want to remember, but i always goes sofft, i never loose total brake and one i pump it once its good but the fist time you grab the brake it is very soft . hope someone has help

good post
giddyup

sledheadrevxp

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no i dont lose any fluid, thats whats blowing my mind, it just doesnt make any sense

MoFoREVxp154

Reaction score
Check this.....Make sure the clip that rides ontop of the brake pad is ON TOP of the pad and didnt fall between the pads. This wont allow the pad(s) to come together properly and will feel like fade.

Top Bottom