08 sportsman 800 snorkel

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was looking at snorkeling my sportsman and was wondering what kind of snorkels people are running. I have heard about a stealth snorkel where everything is under the headlight pod but can't seem to find one for my atv. I don't particularly like the tubes sticking up where they could get smashed so was wondering if there is a better way to accomplish this. Also I want to make sure I fully understand the concept of snorkeling... This is just to keep the drive belt, clutches, and air filter dry and as far as water in the engine or oil I will still have to change oil whenever I get done in the water right??? Also how serious is it to snorkel my exhaust?

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
check out triangle atv. they make a stealth snorkel kit for your 800 that is top quality. it will make everything inside the headlight. it would be alot better then trying to make it yourself seeing you don't have alot of experience. Pretty much the only other way to snorkel your bike would be stack coming out of the front box. i guess if you wanted you could get a speaker box for the front rack and put the snorkels inside ther.

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is it that important to snorkel the exhaust i see most people dont but i would think if you accidently got that under water it would fill up and be worse then if it was normal am I right?

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is it that important to snorkel the exhaust i see most people dont but i would think if you accidently got that under water it would fill up and be worse then if it was normal am I right?

no not real important. the only time it will matter is if your bike shuts off under water. with the bike running there is no way for the water to go up the exhaust.

munhoez

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In a Dakota R/T, down by the South Sask. River
but if it does for any unknown reason, ur exhaust will fill, and depending where u valve train stops, ur exhaust valve may be a little open and water will enter & hydrolock the cyl. Some pl snork the ex., some ppl dont = personel preference i'd say.

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking at the ATV it apprears to have a pretty good intake setup with it all up by the top of the fuel tank. If I did a stealth snorkel I would only gain 8 inches at best probably. I looks to me like as long as my intakes by the fuel tank don't go under Im good is this a correct statement or should I do something else with vents and intakes? correct me if Im wrong here.

munhoez

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In a Dakota R/T, down by the South Sask. River
Looking at the ATV it apprears to have a pretty good intake setup with it all up by the top of the fuel tank. If I did a stealth snorkel I would only gain 8 inches at best probably. I looks to me like as long as my intakes by the fuel tank don't go under Im good is this a correct statement or should I do something else with vents and intakes? correct me if Im wrong here.

id route all ur vent lines into the pod, higheswt part of the machine.
My ride just has the cvt exhaust stealth snork'd, all vent line's r plumbed into the pod. The airbox is the same as stock, as long as my front rack dont go under im set.

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

ya i would agree with that statement. But as said above i would definately just move your vent lines from under that cover in front of the headlight to in the headlight.

Top Bottom