08 Nytro MTX Tunnel

Grizzly4323

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking for some ideas from you guys on a tunnel for my nytro. What is the biggest benefit to swapping it out. What kind of cash can I expect to pay. Is it worth it. A little project I thought I might take on this summer. Thanks.:beer::beer:

W

woodies

well depends on who's telling the story and if you like doing your own mods. running boards need better boards for sure 225 bucks. modding your running boards behind mounting hardware PRICELESS. replace the stock hardware with k-mods brackets price 100bucks?, don't use timbersleds or you'll end up with bent tunnel. build your own bumper to tie the tunnel into the suspension and allow gas to be carried 200 bucks.you can buy stops for the back of running boards or build your own maybe 25 bucks. so maybe 600 bucks and time.
000_0291.jpg

100_1984.jpg

Big A

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you're looking fo a well reounded tunnel the Vanamber is nice in the trees and helps in the hills, it is heavier though. If you're after a tunnel that will work best going staight up and you don't air you're nytro out too often, then CR might be the best way to go. Only problem witth CR is tendency to crack if jumping and tree bashing. Either way, looking at couple of grand.:confused:

evan3000

Reaction score
I chopped mine up and used better boards, the stock tunnel is fugly !!!!!!!

Attachments

• Summer 08 003.jpg
    Summer 08 003.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 181
  • Picture 010.jpg
    Picture 010.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 148

evan3000

Reaction score
MMP 9" blaze wheels with a MMP freedom axle on 153" ice age rails with a 156x2.5 camo extreme. If you like it you should buy the whole sled, she's for sale!!!

Attachments

• Picture 008.jpg
    Picture 008.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 139
  • Picture 033.jpg
    Picture 033.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 149

tbro47

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat as you I have had my 09 nytro MTX for two months and already have twisted the tunnel and bent my front end working on getting it all straight again and stiffening it up a bit. What can I say I love to jump and sometimes you just don't know what's on the other side the of the hill to land on. Anyways I think i'm going to go with bark buster front end and i'd like a stiffer tunnel and boards with some steel like these guys have. I took a look at my buddies new polaris dragon and the tunnel and boards are built for abuse i'd like to make my nytro the same.

W

woodies

good luck if you jump, ts are lite and guess what that means!

Washy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Putting on a Blue CR tunnel on this summer. Got it from Whitecourt Yamaha couple days ago. They have a Polished CR 162 tunnel laying around for a really good price. I went with CR because they are CANADIAN, and fairly close. VA make a nice tunnel if you like the looks of it. Pure Addication has a couple laying around as well. Good Price too.

Washy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
are better boards stronger than the stock fishbone braces. Did you do the modifying of your tunnel? looks good.

Well, they are if you are a smaller guy but I am not and bent the Better boards where you stand and the outer extrusions are bent pretty good. The aftermarket tunnels have a much larger outer extrusion on them that are not prone to bending.

W

woodies

Well, they are if you are a smaller guy but I am not and bent the Better boards where you stand and the outer extrusions are bent pretty good. The aftermarket tunnels have a much larger outer extrusion on them that are not prone to bending.
lol they are lite for sure, but t-nytro you must admitt your not little guy for sure!!!! my better boards look same as the day installed , over 700 miles on. i weight about 185 plus gear. love them one of the best mods i did to it.:d

Washy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
[Ouote]Well, they are if you are a smaller guy but I am not and bent the Better boards where you stand and the outer extrusions are bent pretty good. The aftermarket tunnels have a much larger outer extrusion on them that are not prone to bending
lol they are lite for sure, but t-nytro you must admitt your not little guy for sure!!!! my better boards look same as the day installed , over 700 miles on. i weight about 185 plus gear. love them one of the best mods i did to it.:d

Thats why I said if you are a smaller guy they are plenty strong. They are actually starting to crack.

Prairie Dog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not to beat a dead horse here.....but whats going to be stronger CR or Van Amburg??????

If I'm spending the money I want it to take the abuse that I'm going to put it thru!!!!!!!!

Washy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some say Vanamburg some say CR, I think Vanamburg is .080 and CR is .064. But the Vanamburg is kind of ugly compared to the CR. Just run the side tunnel stiffener on the CR tunnel and it will be plenty strong. Ive seen both bent up.

G

Guest1

Talk to Ron or Jeff at Quantum Velocity Performance Inc. The Guy's who bulid The Crazy Canadian's New Tunnel They are doing a Nytro Tunnel right now.

I hope they do better with tunnels then they do with building Turbo sleds...just saying ;)

summit889

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some say Vanamburg some say CR, I think Vanamburg is .080 and CR is .064. But the Vanamburg is kind of ugly compared to the CR. Just run the side tunnel stiffener on the CR tunnel and it will be plenty strong. Ive seen both bent up.

Chad will build .080 if requested.

Prairie Dog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If I have to put on stiffeners on top of everything else then I might as well get the VA and be done with it. Don't get me wrong.....I think CR's stuff is the chit but if its not going to hold up why spend 2g+ on it?

Top Bottom