08 M8 Diamond Drive oil change and preventative maintenance

sheebansavage

Reaction score
Hello. I am going to be taking my DD out of my 08 M8, opening it up, oil change and inspecting it. As for preventative maintenance, which bearing(s) should I replace. The sled has 1400 miles on it. Any tips or trick to the bearing replacements? Should I split it down to basically nothing?? I am a newby to this DD and any help would be nice. I have searched and found some info but mostly for the 09 and up. Anything else I should be worried about?The parts list is linked above.

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello. I am going to be taking my DD out of my 08 M8, opening it up, oil change and inspecting it. As for preventative maintenance, which bearing(s) should I replace. The sled has 1400 miles on it. Any tips or trick to the bearing replacements? Should I split it down to basically nothing?? I am a newby to this DD and any help would be nice. I have searched and found some info but mostly for the 09 and up. Anything else I should be worried about?The parts list is linked above. Order a complete bearing and seal kit from BDX - less money then A/C, better quality bearings.

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

crossfire879

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 08 and down have a reverse mechanism instead of engine reverse. I did the DD on my 08 last year. Its super easy.

mphfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I recommend changing the oil every couple hundred miles and change out the 6304 bearing (im pretty sure thats the number) its guaranteed to fail sometime. Its a cheap bearing if you pick it up at Napa. I change mine every couple hundred miles just because.

Top Bottom