08 m1000 with slp exhaust and powercommander 5

rigrat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sled is an 08 M1000 with all updates, Timbersled intake, head cut for premium fuel, PCV control box and full SLP exhaust. Just looking for some info on clutching changes and PCV numbers when running the full SLP exhaust. I am running my stock clutching with the 046 belt and Dalton adjustable weights (81.3 GRAMS) in the primary. We ride around the Corbin - Fernie areas. Sled ran better with all the above mods except for the slp pipe and PCV box and would pull 83.3 grams in the primary and rev 7300 rpm. With the pipe and PCV box installed and running 81.3 grams i was only getting to 7500 rpm. So what kind of primary weight and what PCV numbers is everyone running. Thanks for any and all help!:beer:

ssjrmk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was told that slp has a new program for the PC5 for 08 m1000 with the updates. It is suppose to work very well. They did a lot of testing and are suppose to have it dialed in.

rigrat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was told that slp has a new program for the PC5 for 08 m1000 with the updates. It is suppose to work very well. They did a lot of testing and are suppose to have it dialed in.
What kind of primary weight are you running if you dont mind me asking? My sled runs decent with the map i have but i know i am leaving a lot on the table. Just looking for some input on what PCV numbers some people are using with the SLP exhaust system. Seems people are finding the SLP map to be quite rich from what i have read. Is anyone running the SLP exhaust system with no box? Thanks.

oly

Reaction score
The rpm's are best at 7400-7500 on all the dyno tests. Even the big bore dyno tests from D&D the best hp and tq come from those rpm's. I would say your right in there at 7500. Mine runs the same rpm and 1270 F on the egt's pinned all the way to the top.

oly

Reaction score
Oh ya, and I have my programmer leaned right out in bottom, mid and top end. The M1000 came set fairly rich. Try maybe leaning it up alittle, I thought it was clutching for me as well but it was just getting alittle to much fuel.

CatAttack900

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey rigrat, how are you liking your PC5? I am thinking of getting one, just looking for some insight on the product.

rigrat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have only rode with the PCV a couple of times. I need to purchase the LCD unit so i can make adjustments to the map while riding. I will also purchase the autotune setup in the future. Never burnt the sled down with the mods so i guess that is a good thing lol:). One thing i did notice was that my egts were scary high at low elevation while at part throttle. The first thing i am going to do is install a switch and run a separate low and high elevation map. Sleds throttle response is good and runs clean with no bogs or anything but i know there is more power to be had.

Terra Alps Racing inc.

Reaction score
rigrat, we have a great clutch kit, helix , pri spring and weights, you'd be surprised how a clutch kit can take a dog m1000 and make it a wicked fast sled.
Also have a dynojet LCD unit in stock as well.
have a little vid on our website you can check it out.
pm or give us a call.

gordonjj

Reaction score
EXHAUST

I heard the same thing and was going through some forum to get the info on how people are faring on this new development.

Top Bottom