Aceman

Reaction score
Here goes

New 08 M1000 162 bought new in 09
Install MRBP can

First ride

-Ride 4 hours at Lucile, Ok maybe a little midrange bog/ miss
-Next day, start, back off trailer, idle, die. ECU dead
-Bring in to dealer and get jerked around about 2-3 week delivery time for ECU, Complain and get ECU off floor model. Dealer charged me .2 hour R&R on floor model, not covered by warranty. Laugh

Second ride

-Ride three days at allen. Ran ok except for a little midrange bog/ miss

Ride three

-Ride 1/2 day at Lucile Ran ok except for a little midrange bog/ miss
-Ride 1/2 day at Renshaw, starts fuel flooding bigtime on mag cyl. Bring in to mechanic, puzzled, suddenly sled starts running better, but not right.
-Ride 1/2 day at Lucile Ran ok except for a midrange bog/ miss
-Bring into dealer, bad injector

Ride four

At home in whitecourt, Still missing / bogging when warm. Try removing MRBP can, delays missing to 4-5km into warmup instead of 2-3 with can. Will completely die on one cyl when under load. Now also shows CCU code

Less than 350 Km total

One very dissatisfied arctic cat owner

Back to dealer this week again.

Anyone out there have any ideas ????

2hills

Reaction score
Here goes

Install MRBP can

First ride

-Bring in to dealer and get jerked around about 2-3 week delivery time for ECU, Complain and get ECU off floor model. Dealer charged me .2 hour R&R on floor model, not covered by warranty. Laugh

Second ride

Ride three

-Ride 1/2 day at Renshaw, starts fuel flooding bigtime on mag cyl. Bring in to mechanic, puzzled, suddenly sled starts running better, but not right.

Ride four

At home in whitecourt, Still missing / bogging when warm. Try removing MRBP can, delays missing to 4-5km into warmup instead of 2-3 with can. Will completely die on one cyl when under load. Now also shows CCU code

Less than 350 Km total

just a guess but i heard about this problem with other cats- theres a goofy throttle sensor under the flipper , if the flipper is loose the senser will retard the engine.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you know if the ecu has had any updates done to it? My '08 hasn't and it runs good. Others that i've talked to and seen have had issues after the updates were done.

Bigbragg

Reaction score
Here goes

Install MRBP can

First ride

Second ride

Ride three

Ride four

Less than 350 Km total

Yep i had the same problem, Took iback to dealer 4 times, still not able to fix. Dealer gave me staight across trade for a 09 m8 162. + All taxes.
I should of bought m8 long ago.

Good luck

mmagic

Mountain Magic Snow Machines
Reaction score
Website
www.mountainmagic.ca
Here goes

Install MRBP can

First ride

Second ride

Ride three

Ride four

Less than 350 Km total

Would like to see what the engine diagnostics show. I am sure your dealer can check for codes and if not we can check at Mountain Magic. We have all of the diagnostic equipment. Also with no major modifications that sled runs best on regular fuel. Sometimes it is the simple things.

Bruce

mphfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check the tube leaving the ecu, it must be in the open, unplugged and free of exhaust fumes. Ice will sometimes get in there and not allow compensation.

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've an 07 M1k that ran flawlessly until it had the 08 update. I've pretty much tuned it with a BD box, and got rid of the electric power valves...but here's a few suggestions:
1 - check your chassis ground, and the harness beneath the fuel tank - some had rubbing issues.
2 - check the APV cable length, and the APV power valves - it's possible that they are gummed up - seen this when sleds have too much oil in them.
3 - inspect the ecu vent tube for signs of moisture - is this sled stored in an enclosed trailer or heated garage?
4 - have the latest and greatest ECU flash performed by the dealer - a bunch of them don't want to deal with the paperwork, so it's hard to find a good one. I'm still running the BD box because I can't find a dealer willing to reflash mine so I can use the PCV, and I'm not willing to start over building a fuel map on my laptop...if they give you any crap about the update, my advice is to find a new dealer (I'm still looking...)

Top Bottom