08 M1000 153" Suspension Setup?

Warhawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anybody just revalved the older shocks to the 2010 M8 HCR valving??????

How are the new HCR's riding compared to the older 2008-2009 skids is it better?

hopefully somebody can chime in here that has had experience with both.

if it is better i will revalve my shocks to the 2010 specs and be done I hope LOL

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree, throw the rear air shocks in the bush, been fighting with buddies 09 M8 all year. P.O.S.

Catman10: have you tried revalving the rear skid shocks? I too have the Geo mod in my M1k, and now have added the Fox / Chris Burandt Backcountry upgrade (revalved both shocks), and the ride was better then my wife's Holz setup (which is now revalved as well). Nexxtech did the work, the cost was very reasonable. My only regret is that I didn't do it sooner.

Crazy8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm tired of playing with those Fox Floats. I just bolted on a set of Z-Bros Exit shocks, going to try them out in Blue River this weekend. I'll post the results on Monday.:dunno:

Warhawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
okay i guess i should have made myself a little clearer. I have the ability to revalve the shocks change oils rebuild what ever you want to call it. i am just after the valve setting that is being used in the 010HCR's If this valving is working and guys are liking it i will be installing it in the shocks It is also way cheaper to do this than buy a Chris B set up. From what i have seen of the Chris B set up it appears that it does not come with any valving shims. i AM JUST GOING BY WHAT THE KIT LOOKS LIKE ON HIS SIGHT.

looking for input on the ride with the stock valving for the 010HCR REAR skid shocks (both)any help greatly appreciated

Darryl

Warhawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well not sure how big you are as you never said. (thought that women were the only ones that didn't want anybody to know what they wieghed LMAO):biglaugh:
Just kidding

Well i weigh in at a scale breaking 215lbs before gearing up so with a back pack and gear i would say i am 230. I ran my rear shock at 100 the first day and found it was pretty good but like a little stiffer ride went to 110 and i liked it there but yesterday i bumped it up to 135 because of the amount of fresh snow that we got and i would say it was a little to stiff.
hope this helps

Top Bottom