08 Ford DPF Delete

ronster

Reaction score
i have the edge race attitude tuner we removed the cat and dpf
08 f350 37" toyo's i get 17-18 mpg on the hwy but towing is the same 9-10 mpg

jpar247

Reaction score
Spartan is the only way to go...I've put 90,000kms on mine with the 275 tune and just love it. The 310&345 tunes are just crazy...

tomanytoysnotnuftime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just a question,
I am no mathematician, but how many miles do you have to drive.. lets say @ 5 MPG increase in mileage to get your money's worth out of a 2000$ DPF mod?

I tried to calculate this, and I can see a 25% increase in mileage. Lets say I fill 3 times a month, I save approx. 75 bucks... with the current fuel prices.
Divide that by 2000, you get your money back in 26.6 months. Am I on the right track?

I guess if you keep your truck longer than that you are ahead. A lot of diesel owners don't though. Plus there is the warranty thing too.

Like I said, I am a meatball mathematician, has anyone else done the math?

Depend on how much you fill, I burn about 500 litres/week. Do the math?

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Spartan is the only way to go...I've put 90,000kms on mine with the 275 tune and just love it. The 310&345 tunes are just crazy...

sound right , looks like I will go with the spartan , thinking the 210 , dont want a hard shift , lots of in town drivin , some exhaust [ maybe stacks ] and some air

Transporter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So for the most part these 08-10 trucks arent flying apart with the tunes?I am afraid to program my 06 again after head gaskets and tranny episode. Never got the ARP studs put in and I doubt ford had an upgrade.But fuel economy us killing me with the 6.0 and 37" tires 8" lift.Not as bad on highway but around home for sure.Mabye I should just regear?

rhinowelder

Reaction score
ive got a delete kit and a edge race evolution programer in my 08 f350 dually cc w/4.30 gears works great. get between 20-26 depends on what im doing, thats with the chip set at 50hp and i dont drive like i should...

Reaction score
put mine in last year sct extreme afe air delete mbrp duals sounds great mileage you wont believe me watch ebay power most fun you can with your clothes on

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
personally I would either get the sct livewire or the spartan tunning with either a 4inch exhaust or 5'' exhaust. with an afe stage 2 pro-guard 7 air intake and it will work wonders for you!!! I put the ppe hot 2 race programmer 5'' magnaflow turbo back exhaust and afe intake and wow!! big power and nearly 250 km's more on a tank of diesel now that is some serious mileage gains. if you are looking for a great price on stuff and amazing customer service try Diesel Performance: Discount Truck Accessories & Performance Parts, Buy Chevy, GM, Dodge & Ford Truck Parts, Air Intake Filters & Exhaust Systems, Fuel Tanks, Mounts, Gauges & Injectors Online or call 1-866-255-7212 get hold of vinny or chad tell them jared from cranbrook sent ya and they will hook you up

08superduty

Reaction score
i just did mine on my 08 250 ... the DPF delete kit was about 1600 $$$ not bad . the reason i got it , is because there is a big problem with the 08 - 10 F-250 DPF and to get a new DPF from ford is 2500 $$$ .... and everytime it clogs you have to buy a new one .. with the DPF delete you never have to worry again .... and i love it ... i got the H&S xrt pro DPF/CAT delete ..

Top Bottom