08 f350 check engine light

SRJD

Reaction score
so now i am reading the trouble codes on the edge since i put in the afe intake and it says p2002 particulate filter trap efficiency below threshold bank1 ...........any ideas is this because the intake or did the light just happen to come on at the same time as i put the intake in?????

Oilboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my bet is now with the extra air and fuel from your chip you have plugged off the first section of your particulate filter, hope not though dpf is 2200bux
the edge is bad for dumping alot extra fuel into the engine thats why they make the most HP, and on our trucks with the dpf they clog very fast and once they do ur screwed.

try some of the powerstroke forums the guys there will have a better knowledge of what that code means.
powerstroke.org
ford-trucks.com
matt

xsyourride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From what I have read and seen the edge is the worst thing to put on a truck with a DPF,they work great on trucks with out DPF, But the ones with Dpf there a dpf killer.If it was intake problem you'd be getting mass air flow sensor problems and codes.But a good chance now that the intake air is freed up that could be way the dpf filter is showing problems.Can you do a force regan on the dpf.

SRJD

Reaction score
these codes only started coming up as soon as i put on the air intake and i only keep the chip in level 1 economy mode nothing else i know probably not good for it but still not as bad as if i kept it in race mode like some ppl and ive went through my chip i cant find a way to force the regen mode so im kinda confused still and the truck runs perfectly fine

Top Bottom