08 Duramax Tire Pressure Sensors

IMSICK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
backcountryrebels.com
I changed my tires..... Finally.

When they put the wheels back onto my truck, they did not go on the same corners they came off of, so I now get the following...

right rear tire pressure on the dash reads left rear
left rear tire pressure on dash reads front left
front left tire pressure reads front right
front right tire pressure reads right rear

other than taking the wheels off and putting them on the right corners... is there any way to re-calibrate the sensors to read the right location?

W

woodies

same happened to work truck 40 bucks reprogrammed at dealers!

xtremegriz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It explains how to do it in your owners manual. I believe you bring it up on the information center on the cluster, then u have to let air out of each tire starting with the driver front. Let air out till the trucks horn honks then move on to the passenger front, then passenger rear, driver rear....... the manual explains it in detail. Good luck!

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I changed my tires..... Finally.

When they put the wheels back onto my truck, they did not go on the same corners they came off of, so I now get the following...

right rear tire pressure on the dash reads left rear
left rear tire pressure on dash reads front left
front left tire pressure reads front right
front right tire pressure reads right rear

other than taking the wheels off and putting them on the right corners... is there any way to re-calibrate the sensors to read the right location?

Yes, in the information cluster you can re-calibrate. If your truck is an 08 you shouldn't have to go through letting the air out of the tires. Pull up you information menu and hit the re-calibrate it'll walk you through the process from there.:d:beer:

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No dice on the cluster self reprogram, has has all the crap there to do it.

Looks like I gotta go the dealer route....... part with 40 bucks and let somebody else do it!!!!

ya them bastages have a guy buy the short and curlies with all that new gaggitry

W

woodies

SO WHAT IS THIS? THE REMOTE?
• Hold the antenna of the J-46079 aimed upward against the tire sidewall close to the wheel rim at the valve stem location

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We are not all bastards but we have to make a living to.
Here's the procedure right from the GM:):) service manual.
Hope it works for You.
1. Ignition ON, initiate the TPM Learn Mode using one of the following procedures:
• On vehicles equipped with keyless entry, simultaneously press the keyless entry transmitters lock and unlock buttons until a double horn chirp sounds indicating the Learn Mode has been enabled. The left front turn signal will also be illuminated.
• On vehicles not equipped with keyless entry, press and release the driver information center (DIC) INFO button until the TIRE LEARN message appears on the DIC display. Press and hold the SET/RESET button until a double horn chirp sounds indicating the Learn Mode has been enabled. The left front turn signal will also be illuminated.
2. Starting with the left front tire, learn the tire pressure using one of the following methods:
• Hold the antenna of the J-46079 aimed upward against the tire sidewall close to the wheel rim at the valve stem location. Press and release the activate button and wait for a horn chirp. Once the horn chirp has sounded, the sensor information is learned and the turn signal in the next location to be learned will illuminate.

Caution: Over inflating tires may cause personal injury or damage to the tires and wheels. When increasing tire pressure do not exceed the maximum inflation pressure as noted on the tire sidewall.
• Increase/decrease the tire pressure for 8-10 seconds then wait for a horn chirp. The horn chirp may occur before or up to 30 seconds after the 8-10 second pressure increase/decrease time period has been reached. Once the horn chirp has sounded, the sensor information is learned and the turn signal in the next location to be learned will illuminate.
3. After the horn chirp has sounded and the right front turn signal is illuminated, repeat step 2 for the remaining 3 sensors in the following order:
3.1. Right front
3.2. Right rear
3.3. Left rear
4. When the left rear sensor has been learned and a double horn chirp has sounded, the learn process is complete and the RCDLR exits the learn mode.
5. Ignition OFF, adjust all tires to the recommended pressures. Refer to Vehicle Certification, Tire Placard, Anti-Theft, and Service Parts ID Label.
I wasn't referring to the Dealers/Sevice Centers, but to the manufacturers. Lot of stuff that they are putting out there is great if you live in California. doesn't work so well when it gets cold.

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
SO WHAT IS THIS? THE REMOTE?
• Hold the antenna of the J-46079 aimed upward against the tire sidewall close to the wheel rim at the valve stem location

(J 46079 -- Tire Pressure Monitor (TPM) System Diagnostic Tool)

Looks like you're still going to spend th 40 bucks unless you have one of these.

IMSICK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
backcountryrebels.com
haha...... ya, I don't have one of them.

My truck also says it came with power extending windows on the PDI sheet, but no power extend..... asked about it after I seen it a month later, and got told I should have noyticed that when I bought it, my loss.

Mine never came with the TPM tool

W

woodies

Hmmm i'll have to try that. Don't suppose you know how to adjust the pressure setting for the warning low pressure? That would be nice!

W

woodies

Not sure what pressure factory setting is for the light to come on? I had them reset lower but still comes on at 300 kpa, i like to run the tires softer for better ride.

W

woodies

No way i'm running 75 lbs of air in tires! Ride like a brick and i don't pay for fuel so not to worried!(greenie attack expected)

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
I took 30 lbs of air out of my tires for winter cause i don't carry anything and that light turned on,,took it to the dealer told them what i wanted for air in them and they fixed it.I now have 50 in each tire and no light .They can recallibrate for diff. pressures

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
haha...... ya, I don't have one of them.

My truck also says it came with power extending windows on the PDI sheet, but no power extend..... asked about it after I seen it a month later, and got told I should have noyticed that when I bought it, my loss.

Mine never came with the TPM tool

ummmm no that is not your loss that is classified as a misbuilt unit ... that is up to the dealership to notice that at time of drop-off (off of carrier) push them on it they should take care of you

Top Bottom