08 Brute 650 4x4i

MacDizzle

Reaction score
Hi there! So my new used Brute 650 4x4i makes almost like a horse shoe walking clicking sound when driving slowly on pavement and I have noticed it mostly when reversing and while turning. I say on pavement only because ive only noticed it mostly while driving slow and without a helmet. I has a Highlifter lift kit, not sure if the lift may be causing issues. What kinds of stuff should I look in to? While turning it could be a similar sound and feeling to tire rub. Ideas???? Im new to quad owning.

Attachments

• IMG_2141.JPG
    IMG_2141.JPG
    188.9 KB · Views: 101

PS94

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Depends which CV or bearing has failed. Worst case scenario you get torque steer and hit a tree and die. Jack it up in the air, in all 4 corners, and see what wheel it's coming from, then start there.....Might be that your CV's don't like your lift and are simply over their effective angle and are binding up...

MacDizzle

Reaction score
I hate to say it but i think your right buddy. The CV Boot is torn but doesnt seem to be actually snapped. I took it for a 5 hour ride last night and nothing bad happed but the bike is deffinitly pulling to the right. I notice the pull mostly when on pavement. Could I have something in my frame bent to create such a hard pull?

PS94

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the pull could be a piled up bearing or cv causing more drag on that side, giving it a pull. like i say, jack er up with all 4 dangling and give em a spin by hand and see how they feel compared to each other.
when my wheel bearings were bad on my Rhino it let the wheel cock so bad that it was dragging on the brake and pulling hard....

Top Bottom